Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #61
Gianco
X-Force

Plus, soccer in Venezuela it´s a dead word, NADA! No life here! 95% of the venezuelan population cheers for Brazil, now that´s really pathetic!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #62
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Klinsman knew his team was limited. I'm just amazed they got this far. The Argentinians must be kicking themselves.
There are many countries out there kicking themselves. I think they should all gang up and kick Sven. Rooney will show them where.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #63
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Klinsman knew his team was limited. I'm just amazed they got this far. The Argentinians must be kicking themselves.
Klinsman did a fantastic job with these players. I feel really sad seeing them loosing in their own Land, but then one team needs to loose.
Loosing in your own home, in the front of thousands, isn't something we wish for. Oh well, that's the sport.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #64
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblair
you know I just don't understand that type of boring strategy?? Go for it! more often! It would not only make the game more exciting, the PAYING fans would love it!
There are reports here that soon to be former English coach Sven blah blah blah would like to coach Australia, I'm hoping they tell him thanks but no thanks because if we play the style of game he employed with the English in this world cup I can see us losing so much of the momentum we have gained with the people over here
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #65
rmblair
Sculptor
Sculptor

It's been interesting in as far as no top player in this World Cup has really shined. Ballack and Klose were non exsistent??
rmblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #66
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Klinsman did a fantastic job with these players. I feel really sad seeing them loosing in their own Land, but then one team needs to loose.
Loosing in your own home, in the front of thousands, isn't something we wish for. Oh well, that's the sport.
I agree cap. Germany getting this far has been great for the tournment. And Klinsman does deserve great praise for getting this far. Their defence just wasn't good enough.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #67
rmblair
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
There are reports here that soon to be former English coach Sven blah blah blah would like to coach Australia, I'm hoping they tell him thanks but no thanks because if we play the style of game he employed with the English in this world cup I can see us losing so much of the momentum we have gained with the people over here
no kidding! With the quality of really good strikers on the English side you would think this team would score a few goals???
rmblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #68
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
There are many countries out there kicking themselves. I think they should all gang up and kick Sven. Rooney will show them where.
Yeah he is pretty accurate.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #69
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
I cannot see it happening. Cappello is going to Madrid leaving the Juve job. Sven is more likely to go back to Italy.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #70
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Hey my friend, you root for whatever team you want to, that's not my problem.

But as Yoda would say: "Italian, you are not"
Whatever makes you happy mate, no problem!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote