Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who would win
juggernaut 33 45.83%
gladiator 39 54.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #71
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Really? So he can just... not breathe and continue living - so why does he breathe at all?
It's because of the magic also he's been floated in outer space no problems at all.

Wiki

Cain Marko found the Gem of Cyttorak, which via a transference of mystical energies transformed him into a magical avatar of the entity.[25] As the Juggernaut, Marko possesses immense strength; being capable of shattering mountains,[26] and lifting and using buildings as weapons;[27] as well as durability,[28] which is amplified by a mystical force field that grants near invulnerability.[29] The forcefield, however, can be neutralised by magic.[28] Once in motion, the Juggernaut is like his namesake physically unstoppable.[30] The Juggernaut does not tire from physical activity, and can survive without food, water or even oxygen.[31]

The Juggernaut's weakness is his helmet: once removed, he is vulnerable to mental attacks.[32] The character has circumvented this weakness by on occasion wearing a metal skullcap inside his main helmet.

Marvel.com

Powers
The Juggernaut originally possessed untold mystical power which enhanced his strength to an unknown degree and made him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being. Once he began to walk in a given direction, no obstacle or force on Earth was able to stop him. Some obstacles, for example many tons of rock, or forces such as plasma-discharge cannons slowed his pace considerably, but nothing stopped him permanently from advancing. The Juggernaut was, however, vulnerable to magical forces of sufficient strength.

Besides giving him vast superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gave the Juggernaut an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. The Juggernaut could also shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by this field, the Juggernaut had been seen to survive the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever. The Juggernaut could survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen thanks to his being sustained by his mystical energies alone.

In the past, the Juggernaut has temporarily possessed telepathic abilities and certain mystical powers, all of which he has since lost. Recently, however, the Juggernaut has been stripped of this mystical energy, including his personal force field. He still possesses superhuman strength, endurance and durability due to years of absorbing the mystical energies of Cyttorak, but the current upper limit of these traits is as yet unknown.

Paraphernalia
The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the Crimson Cosmos dimension of Cyttorak. The Juggernaut subsequently fashioned a skullcap from scraps of the metal used to construct the helmet. The Juggernaut originally wore a suit of armor that he could summon around himself at will from the Crimson Cosmos. After being stripped of his powers, the Juggernaut took to wearing a suit of armor that resembles his original but is fashioned from unstable molecules.

Without his helmet and skullcap, the Juggernaut is vulnerable to psionic attacks against his mind.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #72
Vermis
Frackin!

So in this argument I get the feeling that people are voting for Gladiator based on three things:

1. Some writers depicted him as one of the most powerful beings in the MU. Which is totally not a description you can apply to the Juggernaught you guys. (Or the Hulk and Thor, for that matter)
2. Stories by other writers in which Glads has his arse handed to him are obviously not canon and can be completely disregarded by the simple logic of... you don't like the outcome.
3. Ring out.

I vote Juggy.

Meteor Man: Incinerate the Hulk?

*whap*

Rachet: Whut? I thought you'd've been keeping up with Skaar in IH. Did you miss the sparring match with Juggy?
Vermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #73
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermis View Post
So in this argument I get the feeling that people are voting for Gladiator based on three things:

1. Some writers depicted him as one of the most powerful beings in the MU. Which is totally not a description you can apply to the Juggernaught you guys. (Or the Hulk and Thor, for that matter)
2. Stories by other writers in which Glads has his arse handed to him are obviously not canon and can be completely disregarded by the simple logic of... you don't like the outcome.
3. Ring out.

I vote Juggy.

Meteor Man: Incinerate the Hulk?

*whap*

Rachet: Whut? I thought you'd've been keeping up with Skaar in IH. Did you miss the sparring match with Juggy?

What are you talking about Vermin?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #74
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
Remember the old Xmen Cartoons series. I think it was the Pheonix Saga. Gladiator takes a deap breath and blows Juggernaught to Scotland.
I remember. I voted Gladiator.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #75
Hunter Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
...and Chuck Norris.
BWAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #76
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
BWAHAHAHAHA
Why are you laughing?
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #77
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I do not remember and I voted The Juggernaut!

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING! and certainly not that wuss of a leader of the Imperial Guard of the Shi'Ar Empire...

Seriously though I think this fight could go both ways. Both Gladiator and Juggernaut need to have their confidence built up before their strength reaches peak level and once at their max these two powerhouses will have their hands full on each other.
Gladiator has been slammed into next week by Hulk but at the same time Hulk as also proven to be a very tough opponent for Juggy.
Gladiator might be stronger but Juggy has the strength of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and is nearly unstoppable.

Tough decision but as a fan of Juggy I vote for the unstoppable force of nature

Just my two cents though, YMMV!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Quote:
I remember. I voted Gladiator.
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #78
Hunter Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Why are you laughing?
Something lord odin said
Old 12-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #79
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Something lord odin said

What did he say?
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #80
Hunter Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
What did he say?
Lord Odin said something that I, Hunter Frost, deemed amusing ergo, I laughed.

I'm still fairly New here so I apologize profusely for laughing out of place. It will NEVER happen again. Promise! From now on I, Hunter Frost, will ONLY laugh if/when You, HalJordanFan, concede something to be humorous first. Scout's Honor.

Let's get started shall we? Why don't You tell Me what is Funny and I will work around that.