Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #71
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
What I don't understand about this show is that they say it costs 4 million dollars an episode but it looks like they spent $100 on the cgi

I just couldn't be bothered.

Too lame. And on cable they were promoting it with all the hype saying it's the "most expensive (or whatever) show on television" and it really looked cheap. The only recognizable actor was that fella in avatar, and he wasn't much of an actor either.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #72
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
We'll know at some point this week ... amazingly, it's been reported that the show did make money, and the ratings (while not what they were hoping for) were fairly decent ... so it's got a 50/50 chance.

Personally, I would like to see it come back, the final episodes were actually starting to get good, and if they were going to take the show in the direction I was thinking at the end, it could get even better if given the chance.
With all the two-tribe stuff and the carved-in-waterfall-rock, missing scientist son mystery, the "we don't know really yet why the tribes split" angle, etc..., I became extremely discouraged that the show was going all LOST on me, and still am. Why couldn't they just have stuck with the modern man stuck in the dinosaur age angle, and left it at that. A couple hundred civilized people starting a new civilization during the age of dinosaurs, ancient aliens, etc... could have been more than enough to cull from plot wise. Think Land of the Lost but updated and smart. That's all this show needed to be. Todays tv writers can't seem to help biting off much more than they can explain in the long haul. I'm seeing it all the time now. WHat happened to the art of simple adventure story tele-plays?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #73
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The first and last 2 episodes of this series were quite good. Everything in between was just cliched filler. Major missed opportunity as the premise is solid. I don't really care if it continues.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #74
Spazzy
Hercules

I have all the episodes recorded, I watched the first and liked it, but maybe will take your rec HB and just watch the last couple
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #75
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
With all the two-tribe stuff and the carved-in-waterfall-rock, missing scientist son mystery, the "we don't know really yet why the tribes split" angle, etc..., I became extremely discouraged that the show was going all LOST on me, and still am. Why couldn't they just have stuck with the modern man stuck in the dinosaur age angle, and left it at that. A couple hundred civilized people starting a new civilization during the age of dinosaurs, ancient aliens, etc... could have been more than enough to cull from plot wise. Think Land of the Lost but updated and smart. That's all this show needed to be. Todays tv writers can't seem to help biting off much more than they can explain in the long haul. I'm seeing it all the time now. WHat happened to the art of simple adventure story tele-plays?

The "two tribes" and everything else gets explained in the last couple of chapters ... yeah it could have been done way sooner, but once it was done there's a great deal of potential for good stories to come.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #76
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Jurrasic Stargate.LOL.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #77
Spazzy
Hercules

Just watched the rest of the show, I got into it, sure not the "best show ever" but I will definitely watch the second season if made, and will eventually get the dvds when they come out.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote