Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-29-2024, 01:14 PM   #841
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

wow. this piece will be timeless.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 01:54 PM   #842
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They are wonderful. Love this pair with the jester headsculpts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harley.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	560.8 KB
ID:	167900  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:09 PM   #843
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
On the subject of Sideshow Collectibles in house painter Kat Sapene, why is it they release videos that show Kat Sapene painting portraits,
showing her skills at painting eye's, only for the factory to use decals???
Because showing those paint videos sells statues but the statues we get are made to the lowest cost possible.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:46 PM   #844
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So did you send the replacement body back? Or do you have it and it's a matter of just trying to key into the base?
No, I kept the original body and destroyed the replacement body. SS gave me a $40 credit for the broken off piece. In reality, the handcuffs aren?t visible anyway, so I was good with it. The replacement body was scuffed up too, but the original that I kept is pristine.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:49 PM   #845
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Because showing those paint videos sells statues but the statues we get are made to the lowest cost possible.
If the statue we receive has eye decals, then Sideshow should show decals being applied during their promo videos. Why show a process to a particular area, eye's for example, if the final product will be different?

If a car manufacture releases a video of a car body being painted by robots, that is how the customers car will be painted also.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:57 PM   #846
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
If the statue we receive has eye decals, then Sideshow should show decals being applied during their promo videos. Why show a process to a particular area, eye's for example, if the final product will be different?

If a car manufacture releases a video of a car body being painted by robots, that is how the customers car will be painted also.
such a good point.

never thought of that before.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:13 PM   #847
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:

I find this truth to be self evident.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:26 PM   #848
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I find this truth to be self evident.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:00 PM   #849
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

CMIIW, I think to have the decals, Kat needs to do the master paint, to show how the eyes should look.
Then, Sideshow can start making the decals.

The master painter's role is to determine how big the iris and pupil are, and what color it is, to be made as a guide to make the decals.

That's why they show Kat painting the eyes in the video. To show the master painter working on the prototype piece.

The end result, for mass production, a company might find a way to do it faster/cheaper with a similar result.

I do agree it would be better if the eyes are done/painted traditionally, if it's done by good painters, it will avoid so many googly eyes.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:19 PM   #850
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
If someone did a statue of Marty Feldman, there might be complaints that the eyes aren't googly enough
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote