Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-12-2022, 12:12 PM   #851
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm not so sure.....considering the size of JND, and how "slowly" they're releasing product right now.....diversifying their product portfolio in this way, is going to stretch their development resources.

I doubt they have the business case in 1/6 scale , right now, to justify the risk of a significant resource expansion to cover the development of these other product types, so they'll have to play with what they have.

I imagine they'll wait and see how well the 1/6 stuff is recieved. If it's recieved well, they'll likely divert focus to 1/6 and scale back statues t perhaps 1 or 2 releases a year....maybe less. They'll charge the Earth for those statues and make them hyper limited (I'm talking low hundreds - maybe less) - while keeping their 1/6 figures premium, but more attainable.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #852
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Yes, but that would only hold true if they never grow/expand or hire more people. And obviously the more people you have the more things can go wrong (and in this hobby's case lower QC), but hey.

Pros and cons to everything. Either way it will be interesting to see.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:26 PM   #853
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

If they really are making 1/6 action figures, I think there is a market for another major player, people already spend a lot of money on HT. I know some people complain about the price but that doesn't stop others from buying them. 1/6 will be cheaper than 1/3 so maybe they see an opportunity there

I personally am not interested in that scale but agree will be interesting to see what they can produce
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 01:31 AM   #854
Brandon
The X-Men

---
Brandon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:32 PM   #855
bytor33
Frackin!

Has anyone noticed any differences between the original ones that shipped out to people directly from JND and the later ones that went to resellers?
bytor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:53 AM   #856
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

My friend and myself received ours last week in the UK. Just had a quick check and my initial thoughts are it?s a better likeness to the JND Ledger Joker.
Overall my friend was disappointed largely due to the silicone and it doesn?t fit into his collection. Therefor he will be selling his. He is based in Newcastle if anyone is interested. Not sure if the forum has a selling page so please point me in the right direction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6197F62C-0B12-455C-86D1-7D77F302FC5A.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	147482   Click image for larger version

Name:	5997D524-EF69-424C-A3B3-9895F9CEAFAE.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	147483   Click image for larger version

Name:	9637AD2D-B0E9-4841-A61F-CAFE833689D1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	147484  
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:49 AM   #857
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
My friend and myself received ours last week in the UK. Just had a quick check and my initial thoughts are it?s a better likeness to the JND Ledger Joker.
Overall my friend was disappointed largely due to the silicone and it doesn?t fit into his collection. Therefor he will be selling his. He is based in Newcastle if anyone is interested. Not sure if the forum has a selling page so please point me in the right direction
I sent you a message
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #858
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Noticed today on BBTS she has been officially listed as sold out (instead of PO sold out) and also removed from their JND search listings. I think I can officially state I have indeed missed out on this statue, so it is in JND's hands to make me a classic costume WW.

I think the worst part of this preventing me from being 100% at peace with it is the fact that way back on February 2nd 2021 I had a chance to PO her, but foolishly thought I had more time and put down a deposit on something else that day. Come Feb 3, 2021 it was too late. Oh well, life goes on. I'm still among the living so there are an infinitude of things to be thankful for.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:03 AM   #859
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
Noticed today on BBTS she has been officially listed as sold out (instead of PO sold out) and also removed from their JND search listings. I think I can officially state I have indeed missed out on this statue, so it is in JND's hands to make me a classic costume WW.

I think the worst part of this preventing me from being 100% at peace with it is the fact that way back on February 2nd 2021 I had a chance to PO her, but foolishly thought I had more time and put down a deposit on something else that day. Come Feb 3, 2021 it was too late. Oh well, life goes on. I'm still among the living so there are an infinitude of things to be thankful for.
Don't worry, this will be coming (if JND is smart). Unfortunately, it will be pricey. If it as good though, I will probably be lining up for it.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 01:46 PM   #860
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Don't worry, this will be coming (if JND is smart). Unfortunately, it will be pricey. If it as good though, I will probably be lining up for it.
And if they can navigate the complex nightmare of licensing.

Seeing this WW even hit $3K on retailer sites just because has made me question if I'd pay that for a second project golden armor statue. But a great classic costume, especially after JND continues to improve? If/when it happens the price will definitely reflect the world's inflation rates and rising costs. I said I was done after JND Mera, but dang it Weta hits me with another Dark Crystal piece I need to PO in June. THEN I'll be done.