Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-13-2023, 04:54 PM   #851
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I saw this in person at one of my LCS not too long ago. She's absolutely gorgeous. My one big gripe is the skin tone. The body is way too dark and doesn't match the skin tone on the face. Otherwise, she's perfection.
I chalk that up to base and foundation. She just puts on her makeup before she leaves the house to fight crime!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:03 PM   #852
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

I just received mine this week, and overall really happy with it. The headsculpt is a knockout.

Has anyone mentioned whether they changed the headsculpt in their current batches vs. earlier batches? I've noticed in the production photos and in nearmint's youtube review, that their psylocke's have a loose strand of hair across her face. In my version (and ukshaun's), it looks like the sculpt changed to have that hair molded tighter to the face and tucked under the ear. Apologies if this was already brought up.

jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:27 PM   #853
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
I just received mine this week, and overall really happy with it. The headsculpt is a knockout.

Has anyone mentioned whether they changed the headsculpt in their current batches vs. earlier batches? I've noticed in the production photos and in nearmint's youtube review, that their psylocke's have a loose strand of hair across her face. In my version (and ukshaun's), it looks like the sculpt changed to have that hair molded tighter to the face and tucked under the ear. Apologies if this was already brought up.

I noticed that as well. On the production photos on the product page there's a loose strand of fair but the gap to the head or other parts of the hair is not big.

I checked mine and it looks similar to the production photos. I guess in some statues the hair strand wasn't glued all the way behind her ear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Psylocke portrait.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	164786  
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #854
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

wow that is pretty different.

maybe to prevent or minimize breakage./
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #855
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mine looks the same as the production pics as well.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:37 PM   #856
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The photo without the loose strand just looks like it’s tucked under the hair against the ear. I have a loose hair strand as well
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:51 PM   #857
AC_808
Hercules

I think they're all the same. I bet a few factory workers decided to not tuck the hair strand above the ear.

I will also bet you could take a blowdryer and heat up that hair strand slowly ...and when hot, untuck it from above the ear to make it a loose hair strand. Or vice versa.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:59 PM   #858
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I think they're all the same. I bet a few factory workers decided to not tuck the hair strand above the ear.

I will also bet you could take a blowdryer and heat up that hair strand slowly ...and when hot, untuck it from above the ear to make it a loose hair strand. Or vice versa.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 03:13 AM   #859
ukshaun
Hercules

I think i prefer the thick strand of hair glued more backwards to ear, as it works better (less prone to breakage).
I was unaware of the other option of the thick strand of hair hanging forward away from the ear.

My eye was more drawn to Psylocke's large feet. It is not something i have focused on with any of my other statues.
If Psylocke was not wearing her Psylocke outfit, and was wearing shoes, her feet would look even bigger.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:48 PM   #860
Peedi
The Secret Six

Looks like they all have the same hair strand, but glued differently at different angles.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote