Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-22-2023, 12:20 PM   #81
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
This year SS went back to monsters and now they have a new line like this. Fantasy women were popular I can see this one being to. Even if we are living through a low ES stage of collecting, this line will likely get a higher ES than some of the recent releases.

We can complain about not seeing our characters we want, but we also go on about endless rehashes. So I can appreciate them trying something else, and continue to save for when I see my next must have item.
Good post, it's a good sign they are doing new stuff again, and low ES are good for collectors
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:23 PM   #82
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'm the one COTD fan left who still comments on here, and I still say it could have been successful, it was doing good until they started doing dolls, action figures and bad character choices for statues near the end, but I'm more than excited to see this new line, hot chicks sculpted by Harbottle can only be a plus, and I'm still wondering if sideshow does have plans for c list characters and COTD type stuff, since some people got that email asking about their interest in crowdfunding pieces
You kind of hit on the reason, but you attribute it to character choice. They are made up characters, how are they supposed to guage which made up characters wont sell? I can see why SS figured the gas had ran out of the tank for COTD. Same thing happened with Dinosauria. They were slow sellers but did ok, until they didnt, and thats when SS stopped making them.

The only viable scenario for that crowdfunding idea though would be for their own IP, because then they dont have to worry about teasing art and needing approval.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:32 PM   #83
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Nonstop wishcasting at every announcement or lamenting every choice isn?t doing anything for anyone
So true
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #84
SDguy

I didn't realize our statue forum thread comments need to be actionable with societal impact
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:39 PM   #85
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I'm kinda curious to see how these look, from the picture I'd agree with others here that it looks like two figures...
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:32 PM   #86
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING IMAGES: postimg.cc

On the subject of 2 or 3 characters?
It dawned on me today while watching the video, only 2 portraits are shown in the file.
I guess there will be only 2 characters.. for now at least (depending on how popular the line works out to be).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 05:17 PM   #87
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING IMAGES: postimg.cc

On the subject of 2 or 3 characters?
It dawned on me today while watching the video, only 2 portraits are shown in the file.
I guess there will be only 2 characters.. for now at least (depending on how popular the line works out to be).
That's a good catch, I didn't even notice that
Old 11-23-2023, 05:42 PM   #88
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
That's a good catch, I didn't even notice that
I wonder why Sideshow went with photo's of what appears to be real people, rather than go with image's of the portraits that belong to the statues?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:06 PM   #89
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
I wonder why Sideshow went with photo's of what appears to be real people, rather than go with image's of the portraits that belong to the statues?
Good question, I guess they didn't wanna show too much of the statues yet maybe
Old 11-24-2023, 10:45 AM   #90
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I guess they wanted to go down the noir/pulp movie route...I mean, we could ask why they didn't make the guy picking up the gun a hand made from polystone, since that's what they produce. I don't know, it doesn't bother me all that much
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote