Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-21-2022, 04:06 PM   #81
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofs View Post
This is exactly why Mr Randy Bowen needs to return nuff said!!!
Ya, but alot of the sculptors who he worked with to get his stuff done are now elsewhere. Tho wonder if he came back if he would have free space (cause of licensing) to do the fan service he did before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
For many reasons I agree with you. For now, at least we have Tweeterhead. However, they are getting a little pricey for a 1:6 and they are moving on to give us more crazy bases instead of the simplicity I enjoyed with most of their DC line. I just hope MOTU keeps focus on the character detail because that line is FIRE.
1/6th at least you can have more elaborate bases and not take up huge amounts of room, at 1/4th its alot harder. Also compared to XM, Tweeter head has improved there art quality in my book. XM doesn't seem to me to have improved, they just focus on huge bases/pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm a pretty new collector, been only in this hobbie 2+ years, which is pretty recent compared to a lot of people here.

I'm out on pretty much all XM pieces going forward, unless they make a killer Jubilee or Bishop. I'll happily watch from afar but there's just no way I can justify multiple mortgage payments for a piece that may or may not have a bunch of rushed paint and/or different colors from the prototype, with absolutely zero recourse if so.
Sadly enough they haven't even done that great of a job on the X-Men line. Thing that sucks is the ones i bought, once in hand I ended up having to sell cause I didn't enjoy it, and sold at a loss. Also the paint jobs were pretty average, compared to any of the sideshow pieces for the money. I mean it doesn't hurt as bad if you spend 600 on an ok paint job vs paying 1300 on a ok paint job.

I keep hoping maybe they would suck me back in with the new Magneto or Nightcrawler but pretty much doubt it, but would like to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Couldn?t agree more..
And as far as the bases go, we don?t need gigantic bases to tell us a story. We already know the story, that?s why we buy the statues. I for one would rather a simple base with a few Easter eggs than one that takes up so much space we can?t even find room to put them.
It was a huge reason I passed on the Harley Prime 1 comic statue..LOVE the statue..but that joker base..wayyyy to big to me , it just takes away from the star of the show. The MOTU bases are perfect examples of being done right.
That's pretty much XM's brand unfortunately, make it huge and charge twice as much. Sadly making it huge also now really hurts because of shipping cost being all crazy. I wouldn't even be surprised if they revised this hulk to a much lower ES, it seems to high for a niche version of a Hulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
Sideshow Keeping Prices Lower As Well But The ES Are Insane, But If You Don't Mind That Then They Offer Lower Prices. P1 Offering A Godzilla Dio At $6000+, Queen A 1/4 Hulkbuster At $3000, Etc. It's An Expensive Hobby, Especially When You Are Going For The More Collective Higher Quality Pieces.
People need to relax about the ES size, it's how they make it more affordable to customers. Having a lower ES is only going to matter if you sell it, and likely you'll still lose money. The lower ES isn't going to change how much you enjoy it, unless you get off on that sorta status thing. In that case you'd likely be better off buying a custom statue that most the time doesn't even look as good as a license piece. But can then show off how there are only 30 of them in the world.

Last edited by moyiori; 03-21-2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:31 AM   #82
SDguy

That's a LOT of stuff.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	276170265_10222446741090965_7236568523502286619_n.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	147773  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:25 AM   #83
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

Yeah that's just impractical. Hope they sell those cannisters separately though. I'd buy that venom one to go with my Queen Studio bust. Otherwise this is a 1%er statue.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:39 AM   #84
Phazed
The Spirit

Video up on raddtitan
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:01 AM   #85
SONICobra
Batman

maestro looks cool, the rest just looks like clutter
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:14 AM   #86
SDguy

Those symbiote canisters are going to be HOT in the aftermarket.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #87
Frankierock
Inhumans

Maestro looks good but just too much going on here. Easy pass especially for that price. Looks like a cool statue with some toy canister add on’s.

I would definitely buy the Carnage and Venom Canisters by themselves if they were available.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #88
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
maestro looks cool, the rest just looks like clutter
Exactly, almost seems like a cash grab to make it look more like a diorama and charge more.

The amount of space it takes for a niche Hulk is to much.

But congrats to you wealthy guys with mansions.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #89
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm guessing you will literally need a dining room table to display this piece.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #90
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I love it. But hard to display and mainly too pricey. Shipping will be a nightmare too (weight and cost).

I'll patiently wait for another Maestro (maybe SSC someday).

Whoever is gonna have this piece in their collection will be very happy. Lot of charisma. XM did a good job.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote