Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-02-2023, 09:07 PM   #81
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I would honestly like black squares that can connect to each other almost like universal puzzle pieces. Would make for a nice display when they are all near each other. Would also be even more plausible if they design the line such that half the characters are sculpted/posed to be facing their right and the others their left. Then you could have the bases connect together one Marvel and one Capcom character facing each other.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:16 PM   #82
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Charlie, Charlie has no chance. And they just did a Guile so he's dead in the water too.
I disagree on Charlie. No, he won't sell like gangbusters, and he shouldn't be done near the start of the line, but PCS only did FrankenCharlie, so I think the door is cracked open just a little.

BUT, I was largely ignoring Street Fighter characters, since that is a massive overlap in licenses that PCS have.

I think MOST Street Fighter fans would rather continue getting characters in existing Street Fighter lines than getting a few that would match this line's artistic aesthetic anyway.

This is most definitely, mostly worthwhile as a Marvel license, but I'll keep pushing to get Strider anyway, especially if this is in fact 1/4.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:37 PM   #83
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I would honestly like black squares that can connect to each other almost like universal puzzle pieces. Would make for a nice display when they are all near each other. Would also be even more plausible if they design the line such that half the characters are sculpted/posed to be facing their right and the others their left. Then you could have the bases connect together one Marvel and one Capcom character facing each other.
Good ideas.

What about square bases made to look like the globe grid from the character select?

With the edges painted neon blue/purple, like the effect from recent XM and SS Danger Room bases.

And a button on the base that plays "I wanna take you for a ride!" snippet... lol (serious, not serious)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:56 PM   #84
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Haha it'll be 4:1 Marvel to Capcom. People are not even going to want another Ryu, Chun, etc. Maybe Cammy
Normally I?d 100% agree. However, if true to the art style of this game, I?d gladly buy them all again! Especially Chun Li 🥰
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #85
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This is one line where I would not mind plain, black round or oval bases. Keep it cheaper.
I like this idea, because you can blend it in with the existing Street Fighters.

I want my Hugo to go with Hulk 😂
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:10 PM   #86
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Shuma-Gorath (maybe...there aren't enough MrYacs in the world, but if any company would do it, it would be PCS)
the truth is a painful thing sometimes
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:35 PM   #87
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Felicia better get made. Also forgot after Psylocke and Spiral she would be a must if done well.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:37 PM   #88
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Omega Red would sell just because nobody but XM has touched that character
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:48 PM   #89
qz33
Baron Zemo

Do statue companies not get how awesome a Jim Lee Omega Red statue could be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Omega Red would sell just because nobody but XM has touched that character
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:31 PM   #90
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Out of everyone I honestly think I would be most excited for Anakaris. The biggest draw to this line for me is a coherent art style. I hope the sculpts all look coherent too. A lot of figure lines suffer from looking way too distinct from each other.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote