Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #891
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
It looks more like a tiny chip flaked. That's why it's white. That's the color of the polyresin unpainted. Very hard to see though. I sure wish I had the exact paint for the main base coat of the flesh. I could touch up a few areas on mine.
Could be. I feel if I'm going to keep it long term, I would want that area painted. Luckily it's only black. It really is a nice piece, but may have someone offering $2500 for it, so i dunno.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:31 PM   #892
c00kies292
Frackin!

I just got my statue in Friday and unboxed it today since i was off work. I opened the box with the base and got super excited how heavy and big it is. I quickly opened the box with the body and the body has a chip on the right big toe which already started off concerning. I tried to install the body onto the base and it only goes in 1/2 inch exposing 3/4in gap. No matter how hard I tried pushing the body into the key hole and wiggling it in, it would not budge. It’s still supported tightly on the base but it’s far from looking acceptable. The heads and arms look great but the tail looks like it cracked and split in the middle. Such a disappointment considering I have waited since preorders opened. I wonder if there’s a way to heat the key hole to help expand the hole a bit. It’s hard to tell where the key peg it catching in the hole.

Congrats to everyone who recieved their piece in acceptable or mint condition.

Last edited by c00kies292; 04-18-2022 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typos
c00kies292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #893
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kies292 View Post
I just got my statue in Friday and unboxed it today since i was off work. I opened the box with the base and got super excited how heavy and big it is. I quickly opened the box with the body and the body has a chip on the right big toe which already started off concerning. I tried to install the body onto the base and it only goes in 1/2 inch exposing 3/4in gap. No matter how hard I tried pushing the body into the key hole and wiggling it in, it would not budge. It?s still supported tightly on the base but it?s far from looking acceptable. The heads and arms look great but the tail looks like it cracked and split in the middle. Such a disappointment considering I have waited since preorders opened. I wonder if there?s a way to heat the key hole to help expand the hole a bit. It?s hard to tell where the key peg it catching in the hole.

Congrats to everyone who recieved their piece in acceptable or mint condition.
You can fix the foot peg problem easily in less than 2 minutes. I had brought this up with mine in this thread. Take a piece of sand paper & sand the small side of the rectangular peg on foot.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:13 PM   #894
kaijutitan
Frackin!

So I got my replacement wall in from Prime 1 today. Thankfully they still had one but as expected it doesn't want to go into the base. Metal rods do not align with the holes they are meant to go in. Only one of them can go in but not both.

I'm already expecting Prime 1 to tell me to use a drill to expand the size of the hole or something of that nature, but does anyone here know how I can go about in doing that or is it even safe in regards to longevity? Don't want the wall to become unstable overtime just because I expanded the size of one of the holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wall.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	148731  
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:53 PM   #895
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I wonder if there?s a way to heat the key hole to help expand the hole a bit. It?s hard to tell where the key peg it catching in the hole.
It may not be the peg. I assumed this to be the case initially with mine as well, but it turned out to be too much resin on the foot peg portion. As mentioned above, you can grind or sand away a small amount of one side of the peg. Check the fours sides of the foot peg when you remove it, see where paint has been rubbed off, and sand/grind there. I used a Dremel but you can also use sandpaper. Start slowly and remove a little at a time. You don't want to go overboard. Sand/grind and re-check until it drops right in.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:21 AM   #896
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
So I got my replacement wall in from Prime 1 today. Thankfully they still had one but as expected it doesn't want to go into the base. Metal rods do not align with the holes they are meant to go in. Only one of them can go in but not both.

I'm already expecting Prime 1 to tell me to use a drill to expand the size of the hole or something of that nature, but does anyone here know how I can go about in doing that or is it even safe in regards to longevity? Don't want the wall to become unstable overtime just because I expanded the size of one of the holes.
If one peg of the base is slightly off, use a skinny masonry drill bit to ream it wider. Make sure the cordless drill in on the drill setting & not on the hammer drill setting.

Then put the base in and check how it feels in place. If it's too lose, buy a tube of Milliput for $8 off of Amazon. It's a putty that dries hard as polyresin.

Put some painters tape around the hole so you don't mess up the area around the hole your working on. Then fill the hole with it. Let it cure fully and then re-drill the hole with a skinny masonry drill bit. Keep trying to fit it and ream the hole now with the masonry bit until it's a snug fit. Just take your sweet time and it's definitely doable.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:00 PM   #897
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
If one peg of the base is slightly off, use a skinny masonry drill bit to ream it wider. Make sure the cordless drill in on the drill setting & not on the hammer drill setting.

Then put the base in and check how it feels in place. If it's too lose, buy a tube of Milliput for $8 off of Amazon. It's a putty that dries hard as polyresin.

Put some painters tape around the hole so you don't mess up the area around the hole your working on. Then fill the hole with it. Let it cure fully and then re-drill the hole with a skinny masonry drill bit. Keep trying to fit it and ream the hole now with the masonry bit until it's a snug fit. Just take your sweet time and it's definitely doable.
Indeed, No biggy to fix your backwall problem.

I also use Milliput (standard color and best stuff there is) but like to add Milliput is not 'out of a tube', bcs it consists of two sticks. You have to knead equal parts together, that will cure within few hours.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:20 PM   #898
c00kies292
Frackin!

Thank you everyone for your feedback on this! I will give this a try and see if I can get it to sit flush. The tail touching the body still bothers me. I can make it look like it should but the tail in the back would be half way out of the keyed hole and at risk of falling.

If I didn’t like this piece so much I would havevreturned it without hesitation.
c00kies292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:02 PM   #899
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback on this! I will give this a try and see if I can get it to sit flush. The tail touching the body still bothers me. I can make it look like it should but the tail in the back would be half way out of the keyed hole and at risk of falling.

If I didn?t like this piece so much I would havevreturned it without hesitation.
If your tail is cracked, you should ask (demand) for a replacement tail. Holes and pegs can be adjusted, but cracks are very very hard to repair and conceal.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #900
kaijutitan
Frackin!

Quote:

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try. Hopefully if all goes well I should finally have my Big Chap in display worthy condition.
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote