Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #951
SDguy

Yeah, so keep in mind, that's shipping by boat, from China, on July 5th. Boat takes a minute, then there is the anywhere from bad, to atrocious, backup at the port once it arrives. Being non-perishable, I doubt Ivy statues will get any preferential treatment LOL.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:33 PM   #952
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I haven’t ordered her yet because I’m hoping for a green skin variant. Just a question - has thee been any hint from TH that a green skin variant is coming? I don’t recall hearing anything. It’d be nice to know if it’s a possibility because if not, I need to go ahead and order her.
There was chatter on here. I admit I’m a big part of it. However we were never told one way or the other if her skin would change color. Perhaps the color of the leaves of her outfit and the base, but hadn’t heard if she will be green. There is always the concern she will be the wrong shade of green and look funky.

But IF there was a variant, she would be a ways down the line Id guess.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #953
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
There was chatter on here. I admit I’m a big part of it. However we were never told one way or the other if her skin would change color. Perhaps the color of the leaves of her outfit and the base, but hadn’t heard if she will be green. There is always the concern she will be the wrong shade of green and look funky.

But IF there was a variant, she would be a ways down the line Id guess.
I guess it’s time I ordered her then.
bdlovelace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #954
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

now I know a green variant was discussed but I know that someone mentioned a tropical variant? Now would the green variant also be a tropical variant? That could look cool actually.

Maybe Igo needs to chime in on this one as well. I guess a variant would depend on the overall sale of the first statue and it does seem the Poison Ivy sold well. (That is what stopped a Donna Troy Black variant from being produced because the statue did not sell that well, which is sad because it is a beautiful piece)

I wonder if a variant would be offered in order to guarantee the orders not being cancelled I wonder if possibly a larger than normal deposit should be required or something along that line. I can definitely understand the apprehension about not wanting to produce one from a business perspective but, at least on this board it does seem that a green variant would be one that many would purchase.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #955
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
now I know a green variant was discussed but I know that someone mentioned a tropical variant? Now would the green variant also be a tropical variant? That could look cool actually.

Maybe Igo needs to chime in on this one as well. I guess a variant would depend on the overall sale of the first statue and it does seem the Poison Ivy sold well. (That is what stopped a Donna Troy Black variant from being produced because the statue did not sell that well, which is sad because it is a beautiful piece)

I wonder if a variant would be offered in order to guarantee the orders not being cancelled I wonder if possibly a larger than normal deposit should be required or something along that line. I can definitely understand the apprehension about not wanting to produce one from a business perspective but, at least on this board it does seem that a green variant would be one that many would purchase.
I think the variant talk was an example of oversharing that has since been addressed with better messaging discipline. People want to know, but if it's not a simultaneous purchase option, the hint of a future variant could screw up sales. But if sales are lower, probably no variant. Catch 22.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #956
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I think the variant talk was an example of oversharing that has since been addressed with better messaging discipline. People want to know, but if it's not a simultaneous purchase option, the hint of a future variant could screw up sales. But if sales are lower, probably no variant. Catch 22.
Very true. I was planning on waiting for a variant that may never come, but decided to pull the trigger as this piece as is looks to be stunning and I will have no regrets even if a variant comes out later.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #957
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

SS has the ex with an es of 1500...jump on it folks.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:54 PM   #958
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
SS has the ex with an es of 1500...jump on it folks.
Pretty sure the EX was only through TH for this one.

Re: the variant, I'm the opposite of others... I'll happily wait, and if it doesn't happen, I have no burning need for the origional.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #959
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Pretty sure the EX was only through TH for this one.

Re: the variant, I'm the opposite of others... I'll happily wait, and if it doesn't happen, I have no burning need for the origional.
Yeah, that's just me making fun of SS. ES is way off, too. I do wonder how many bought through SS thinking they're getting the ex...pretty big oversight.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #960
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Ivy looking amazing here: (screenshots from Sideshow Con 2021) Wonder if Tweeterhead decided to allow SS to sell the EX since they were displaying Frank the plant next to her?

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote