Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 07-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #31
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
So long as that is all that people buy they'll never change. I consider Hot Toys the leader of the cancer of this industry, but I can't blame them. It doesn't matter how many trash derivative slightly different versions of Iron Man (or whoever) they release, people gobble it up instantly.
Good call.
I have noticed a number of those who participate in YouTube live chats do comment on wanting Hot Toys to try and offer more besides the continuous deluge that is Spider-Man, Iron Man variants. Given the popularity of Star Wars, i cannot imagine Hot Toys ever slowing down with that license.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #32
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
So long as that is all that people buy they'll never change. I consider Hot Toys the leader of the cancer of this industry, but I can't blame them. It doesn't matter how many trash derivative slightly different versions of Iron Man (or whoever) they release, people gobble it up instantly.
People like what they like, but I'm surprised there hasn't been any Marvel/Star Wars fatigue (at least enough to slow things down a bit). I had hoped Hot Toys would expand a little after Endgame but now we're getting unused character concepts like Iron Strange and more reissues. Still waiting on Ripley and Power Loader.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:03 PM   #33
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I think Hot Toys is going crazy with The Mandalorian line. They are down to third tier characters. And putting up preorder for repaint Boba Fett is just going to cannibalize sales for the earlier Boba that hasn’t even shipped yet. I know the property is hot but but we are getting multiple releases a month for Mandalorian and nothing from the original or prequel trilogies.

Plus the MCU TV shows have been garbage. I am curious how shows with a very limited audience will drive sales. I only ordered Scarlet Witch because I like Elizabeth Olsen but the show was crap. And will probably order Kate Bishop (if they offer it) so I can get a mini Haliee Steinfeld.

YouTubers are poor litmus test for the market as many are completists or schills.

So far I am only considering the Mk I. Black Widow is figure is OK but the outfit was ruined by the movie as that is the uniform of the every Russian Black Widow. So it is not unique to her.

We’ll see if there any reveals at the Sideshow Con. I’ll add those here in this thread.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:30 PM   #34
jedi_don

Quote:
This company really is nothing but Disney and DC.
Who else is creating new media? While I think many of us would like older properties, they just don’t generate big sales. The head of Hot Toys is a fan of Keanu Reeves and we got Johnny Silverhand, Neo and John Wick. It would have been nice to get Matrix Morpheus and Trinity too.

I honestly thought with the lack of new movies that Hot Toys would go after older license to fill the gap. But they leaned heavily into The Mandalorian and the crappy MCU TV shows to fill out their product offering.

I have been ordering third party figures to get unlicensed figures that Hot Toys would never do. Quality may not be Hot Toys level but they are getting better.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:59 AM   #35
newuser1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Iron Strange?
I think hot toys isnt revealing the truth about this figure because Marvel told them to avoid spoilers for the next Spiderman movie. I think Iron Strange represents a scene from No Way Home. I suspect the movie might even go so far as to show a completely different ending for Infinity War or Endgame. It's pre-order announcement was too close to revealing the new Spiderman figure for No Way Home to just be a coincidence. With that being said it would be nice if hot toys could focus on something else besides so many iron man and Spiderman variants.
newuser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #36
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post
I think hot toys isnt revealing the truth about this figure because Marvel told them to avoid spoilers for the next Spiderman movie. I think Iron Strange represents a scene from No Way Home. I suspect the movie might even go so far as to show a completely different ending for Infinity War or Endgame. It's pre-order announcement was too close to revealing the new Spiderman figure for No Way Home to just be a coincidence. With that being said it would be nice if hot toys could focus on something else besides so many iron man and Spiderman variants.
Herels an article from Cosmic Book News about the Infinity War cutscene.

https://cosmicbook.news/avengers-inf...-deleted-scene
Old 07-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #37
jeremydmc
Black Panther

So now they are actually making characters that were in deleted scenes?! And I still cannot get a Yellowjacket or Ghost from the second Ant Man movie. Characters with real honest to goodness screen time. Wow.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #38
jedi_don

I question all the new Miles Morales video game videos and I wonder what the demand will be. As far I know those suits were all made up for the video game. At least for the PS4 Spider-Man game, most of those suits come from the comics.

Hot Toys failed in not producing this cool Wasp prototype.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:00 PM   #39
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Their biggest fail was not releasing Vulture from Homecoming. Arguably one of the better villains in the MCU and a Spiderman villain at that. Makes no sense.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:50 PM   #40
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Their biggest fail was not releasing Vulture from Homecoming. Arguably one of the better villains in the MCU and a Spiderman villain at that. Makes no sense.
I understand why Hot Toys doesn’t produce prototype from dud movies like Valerian. But the vulture design and movie was quite popular. Vulture would have been quite expensive to produce. At those who really wanted a Vulture figure can get a third party figure from Jazzinc.