Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #41
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I watched it. It was . . . .ok. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I'll watch part 2 so I can see how it ends.

Surprisingly, I think my favorite part was Orko's big moment. I think it would have been better if Teela had tied his scarf around her arm or something instead of just leaving it on the ground.

If anyone bothers watching the "Making of / BTS" show they did - Revelation Revalations - the Tweeterhead Hordak statue and the Skeletor bust are part of the set dressing. They both looked really cool, along with the other toys and whatnot they had.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:00 AM   #42
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Also found this whilst diving down the rabbit hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEHva3k2jg

neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #43
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I watched all episodes with my daughter. It was ok, I don't like how Adam looks like or how he is being portrayed in the show.
Teela is annoying ... my daughter was like WTF after Teela's response to Adam's "I died".
Another thing that annoyed me was King Grayskull's race swap, unnecessary.
This is Teela's show. The heroine's journey is pretty explicit.
The animation is good, I'll watch the next episodes.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #44
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

So apparently the show is getting bad reviews because it was promoted as a He-Man show. Kevin Smith straight up lied multiple times. What we got was a woke Teela show. He should have just promoted it that way to appease the three losers on twitter. Me personally, I couldn't stop laughing at Teela's haircut and arms lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:25 PM   #45
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I thought this was hot garbage, personally.

I’m also a little bit annoyed that Rottentomatoes deleted my review. They pulled the same stunt with Captain Marvel.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:35 PM   #46
Demona
Martian Manhunter

What did your review say?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #47
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I thought this was hot garbage, personally.

I’m also a little bit annoyed that Rottentomatoes deleted my review. They pulled the same stunt with Captain Marvel.
That doesn't surprise me they did that, I'm surprised they haven't deleted our comments on here, especially since the person who posts 300 times a day about what they like thanked the moderator for moving these comments even though they had discussed the show as well on that thread, the show looks great, the voices are great, but it's just lazy writing, I hope the show can move to a better direction because I dont want any MOTU property to fail, but if it stays like this it's not gonna last
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #48
off
The X-Men

Thought it was fine. Don't see a reason why everyone is worked up. Had some great OG fan service. Not my preferred style of animation but thought it was entertaining.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:03 PM   #49
Cmac
Mephisto

I agree with BillyCurly as he hit most of the points I can think of. I did like some of it, but the woke garbage just ruined what could have been a good show.

Teela was a complete mess. Her character design was as bad as the writing for her. Here is a woman who was raised by an excellent father. You could say that children don't always follow their parents' teachings, but she is a grown up and her personality had previously been established. While hot headed, she wouldn't act like a narcissist and walk out.

Then you have King Randor not acting like King Randor. Did you ever see him treat Duncan like that? Could you imagine him treating anybody like that?

Man-At-Arms was completely sidelined and he had to be coerced into helping? He had aspirational aspects to his character just like He-Man. He wouldn't need to be prodded into helping. That was totally out of character.

Then there was Orco. If I remember correctly, Orco's magic worked in Trolla (I know it was an illusion) and he was considered competent there. Provided I'm remembering the original show correctly, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be all bent out of shape with the name thing.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #50
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Just savage......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phypmYcOMzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_1HJ9HW2TM
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote