Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #221
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Glad to have this ordered. Love this with Cap!
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:36 AM   #222
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyCap View Post
Here is the money shot. Wonder why they didn’t go with the other side with the inscription on mjolnir visible. Also wonder how long until iron man is teased.
Still keeping my fingers crossed they go with a full on Bob Layton Classic suit, that would be my grial piece, but I suspect it will be another 'modernized' version of the classic like the previous XM 1:4 version.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #223
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Still keeping my fingers crossed they go with a full on Bob Layton Classic suit, that would be my grial piece, but I suspect it will be another 'modernized' version of the classic like the previous XM 1:4 version.

I agree with you 100% that would be a grail piece for me as well
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #224
pdenham
Teen Titans

They went with a mostly classic Bronze age look for Thor- even less modern flourishes than Cap, so I would think that era would be what they are going to follow through with for Iron Man.

At least I'd hope they would, as that's the look I'd rather see too.

No need to overthink it. It's a very simple design so keep it simple.

It's the proper finish on the paint apps there that will probably make or break it. Easy to make solid flat areas of bright primaries look like a cheap plastic toy.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #225
Mister H
Green Goblin

The paint job on the classic museum Iron Man from Bowen Designs is what they should try to go for IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #226
XMAN
Ultron

Looks like they left out the non helmeted non bearded head....... I really hope they will decide to include it. I was looking forward to displaying it.... since they did originally showed it last year?
This is what I call a kick in the head!.....Bummer city
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #227
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Looks like they left out the non helmeted non bearded head....... I really hope they will decide to include it. I was looking forward to displaying it.... since they did originally showed it last year?
Interesting. It does appear as though they scrapped the non helmeted, non bearded portrait for the non helmeted bearded portrait. I wonder why? Personally, I think non-helmeted is the weakest of the three. I will be alternating between bearded and non bearded helmeted portraits.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #228
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Right there with you.

That, and it's helmeted version were easily the strongest two for my taste- and I would actually display the non-helmet version part of the time.
Very aggravating not having that included when it was already clearly sculpted.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the execution of the others at all- especially the "early bird bonus" one.

For a product sporting a much higher ES, and a $200 higher price tag, with a far less robust assortment of switch-outs, that version head should have been seen as an essential inclusion.

Maybe a better "early bird bonus" would be to let people choose which three heads, from among the four, they prefer and supply them on a customer by customer order basis?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #229
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Got my order in; the wait is going to be rough on this one.

It would be nice if they went back and included that clean shaven/no helmet head too, but we’ll see I guess. Either way these 1/3’s are just phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing the inevitable Iron Man!
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:56 PM   #230
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that too - just re-watched It’s Sisko’s video review of Cap, Thor, and Mag’s again from a year ago,

Much prefer the non helmeted, non bearded head sculpt they showed before it was painted. Bearded helmeted version looks good, but W/out the helmet? Guaranteed dust collector - I’d never display that.

Not sure what the thinking was on that switch. Hope they reconsider, or at least make it an option!
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote