Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-06-2021, 03:55 AM   #461
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I see they talked about merman seemingly being the next in line. What happened to trapjaw?
Trap is still being tweaked, but nearly complete. Will probably be released after Merman (unless they slide a hero between them).

AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:44 AM   #462
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I probably know the answer to this but thought I’d see what people think….

I have this on preorder but am thinking whether I cancel. My collection is mainly Batman related and some other DC…..

I ordered this when it first was released for preorder … more so as Teela was a fav of mine and nostalgia… plus the hype around this statue… all together made me decide to order… but as it gets closer to release date… I’m in two minds….

Anyone keen to share their thoughts? Do I keep it or cancel?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:46 AM   #463
qz33
Doctor Doom

You have already decided you just don't realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
I probably know the answer to this but thought I?d see what people think?.

I have this on preorder but am thinking whether I cancel. My collection is mainly Batman related and some other DC?..

I ordered this when it first was released for preorder ? more so as Teela was a fav of mine and nostalgia? plus the hype around this statue? all together made me decide to order? but as it gets closer to release date? I?m in two minds?.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:07 AM   #464
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

I have this on preorder but am thinking whether I cancel. My collection is mainly Batman related and some other DC?..

I ordered this when it first was released for preorder ? more so as Teela was a fav of mine and nostalgia? plus the hype around this statue? all together made me decide to order? but as it gets closer to release date? I?m in two minds?.

Shouldn?t matter what anyone else thinks. This is a personal matter. Are you buying $500 statues for someone else to look at or are you buying them for yourself. Kind of foolish to spend that kind of money on something your really not that interested in.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM   #465
AlexLothos

Quote:

You said that your collection is mainly Batman and DC... do you have any other statues that don't fit this category? Where do you display them? What is your connection to them? Do you plan on keeping them or are you thinking of moving them out of your collection?
Old 11-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #466
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You have already decided you just don't realize it.
Maybe that?s true but not sure. Teela is a fav nostalgia wise? but do I need the statue!
Old 11-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #467
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Shouldn?t matter what anyone else thinks. This is a personal matter. Are you buying $500 statues for someone else to look at or are you buying them for yourself. Kind of foolish to spend that kind of money on something your really not that interested in.
Agree!! It was just to get some thoughts .. maybe I?m wanting to be convinced one way or the other. I agree though with your comment
Old 11-15-2021, 06:58 AM   #468
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
You said that your collection is mainly Batman and DC... do you have any other statues that don't fit this category? Where do you display them? What is your connection to them? Do you plan on keeping them or are you thinking of moving them out of your collection?
I have a shelf which is pretty much made up of Tweeterhead and some others? mainly Batman and Batman related characters, also other dc like Superman, Wonder Woman ?.

I do have an old MOTU Sorceress statue from Pop Culture Shock which I think is 1:5 scale? but seems to go well with my dc lot? albeit probably not the best match?
Was thinking that the Sorceress I have and the new Teela could match well together?
But then I was also thinking just cancel Teela and sell Sorceress to keep the display consistent
Old 11-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #469
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I have a shelf which is pretty much made up of Tweeterhead and some others? mainly Batman and Batman related characters, also other dc like Superman, Wonder Woman ?.

I do have an old MOTU Sorceress statue from Pop Culture Shock which I think is 1:5 scale? but seems to go well with my dc lot? albeit probably not the best match?
Was thinking that the Sorceress I have and the new Teela could match well together?
But then I was also thinking just cancel Teela and sell Sorceress to keep the display consistent
If that?s the case, with the store shortages and before tweeterhead releases the renders for their sorceress this should be prime time to sell her.

Obviously the choice is yours, it just seems like this line isn’t one that is very important to you. Maybe cancel Teela, sell sorceress and get something extra nice in a line you really like. Just my thoughts on it.

Last edited by extracomputer.1; 11-15-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:40 PM   #470
AlexLothos

Quote:

Hmmm, I would hate to dissuade someone away from MOTU, but it is sounding more and more like the Teela isn't a good fit for you and your collection.

The PCS Sorceress is 1/4 (if I remember correctly... I'm not fond of the Filmation look, so I didn't commit much about these to memory)... so if scale and similar style matters to you, again maybe not the best fit for your collection. 1/4 cartoony and a 1/5 realistic (although the Teela could kinda work as it does have strong enough Filmation influence).

Doubt and even the consideration of selling is usually a huge sign of where you really want to go. Whatever you decide isn't permanent. Maybe keep both MOTU pieces and see how you feel with them in your presence. Or give them both up and if down the line you feel like you've made a mistake, pick them back up again... these things almost always come around.