Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #31
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I am not giving spoilers away, just facts. The Rainbow transformation with no lightning effects is so poorly executed and makes filmations transformation EPIC in comparison right down to the voice. He says BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL with such soft voice and NO passion at all in it. Its like the actor said HOW CAN I MAKE THIS AS LAME AS POSSIBLE. JOHN ERWIN will go down in MOTU history as the one and only amazing HEMAN and ADAM voice.
I bet the Sailor Moon transformation was intentional. I mean it's scary that it matches up with the theme song so perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_AUiE307o

I'm sure Smith will blame Netflix or some other party for the writing and treatment of characters.

Hopefully, he's done career-wise or isn't given any other properties to screw up.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #32
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Teela is a Lesbian on STERIODS and has a very HOMELY face and always looks ticked off. Her Girlfriend is black, who was just a white friend in the comics and they say stuff like " I AM THE BRAINS SHE IS THE BRAUN". Many more intimate things said to suggest they are ..........PARTNERS.
Looking at the flashbacks of Teela working together with He-Man, it seems like she's trying to recreate that dynamic with Andra. The swinging kicks, the "I go if you go" stuff, she did all that with Adam before. Those two were close. Plus Evil Lynn keeps suggesting that Teela has a crush on He-Man/Adam, which she never denies (nor does Andra react or seem to care). There's nothing they say to each other that longtime friends wouldn't say.

If you ignore the script and go purely by them hugging or looking at each other, yeah, you could say it's queerbaiting (and I'm sure the producers are ok with a bit of that to try and snag more of that demographic), but baiting is all it is. There's no commitment to it. The script itself suggests something different.

Two women working together and caring about each other doesn't make them lesbians and I can guarantee the biggest proponents of LGBT representation will make that same observation as a complaint. They'll say it's not explicit so it doesn't deserve brownie points. Or they'll try to interpret Teela as bisexual so she can like both He-Man and Andra. Only reason I'm pointing this out is to say you're reading into this further than you're meant to. More signs point to something between Teela and Adam and a simple friendship colored by grief between her and Andra.

Quote:
there will be no second season.
I don't think that was ever planned. This was meant to be a 10-episode limited run, split in two parts. Maybe if it were hugely successful they'd rethink it, but it'll depend on how the last five episodes go.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #33
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
she did all that with Adam before. Those two were close.
so close she didn't even give a crap when he died, well aside from making it about her
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:45 PM   #34
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Finished the netflix series. It sucked, it really sucked. Can't believe I expected real 90s cheese after seeing the netflix trailer. What was I thinking, that Hollywood won't butcher a cartoon series that is named HE-MAN in 2021.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:45 PM   #35
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrettinick View Post
I agree, watched all five. Hated what they did to Adam/he-man. Netflix is supposed to do Conan
Dear God. We'll soon witness the destruction of yet another Male icon. These mentally enslaved cultrual parasite wimps can't help themselves but to subvert and subvert and I dare say subvert even more. Best thing is their time is over. They've managed to alert and anger even the most unaware of normies with their subversive antics.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:39 PM   #36
Sandman585
Hydra

Teela is completely selfish and insufferable in this and really ruins the entire show for me. There are some nice elements like the animation and some of the voiceover work but overall a big waste of time and it seems the only point of it is to degrade the character of He-man/Adam. No thanks. Let’s get back to Tweeterhead statues because I think the stories will live on in those more than this nonsense from liar Smith.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:47 PM   #37
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I bet the Sailor Moon transformation was intentional. I mean it's scary that it matches up with the theme song so perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_AUiE307o

I'm sure Smith will blame Netflix or some other party for the writing and treatment of characters.

Hopefully, he's done career-wise or isn't given any other properties to screw up.
Nekkid He-man...

Ha!
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:07 AM   #38
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow… lots of hate. I watched it with my family and we all absolutely loved it.

I grew up with the original show and thought this was a great updated continuation. To each their own though…
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:18 AM   #39
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Fell asleep towards the end of episode three Friday night (I don't even know if I got through the entire thing or not?) and finished up the last two episodes tonight. I don't care if a storyline is super far to the right, super far to the left, or somewhere inbetween, I just want to enjoy what I'm watching. If the last episodes never came out, I wouldn't care, these first five just didn't appeal to me.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:59 AM   #40
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The show isn't that good but I still enjoyed it. Biggest problem for me is the inconsistency of the animation. There are times where it is super choppy and stiff. Also I still prefer the aesthetic of the old series when it comes to the human characters but the creatures in the new series look great to me. Especially love Beast Man and Orko designs.

So yeah this is not great but I was into it by the time they got to the land of the dead and really liked it from there. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes next.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote