Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #681
Frankierock
Omega Red

I really like this variant a lot, colors just pop. Just can’t justify another TrapJaw just because of new paint. Especially with so much more to come from this line. Need the funds and space for new characters.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #682
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I really like this variant a lot, colors just pop. Just can?t justify another TrapJaw just because of new paint. Especially with so much more to come from this line. Need the funds and space for new characters.
Wonder how many people that did not get the Regular will get this variant?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #683
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wonder how many people that did not get the Regular will get this variant?
That’s a good question, I know if I didn’t grab him I would have definitely grabbed this one. Love the way the paint app came out, plus the super low ES..no brainer IMO if you wanted one and didn't get the original.

Plus the Gun arm to me is more old school than the cannon. So it just fits him better.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #684
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
That?s a good question, I know if I didn?t grab him I would have definitely grabbed this one. Love the way the paint app came out, plus the super low ES..no brainer IMO if you wanted one and didn't get the original.

Plus the Gun arm to me is more old school than the cannon. So it just fits him better.
Between the 2 there is no way I could pass up the Cannon/Blade arm on the Regular. It is such a strong display. I do wish the Cannon arm had more colors or something instead of just 1 big 'ol same metallic mass.
Old Today, 12:01 AM   #685
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Between the 2 there is no way I could pass up the Canon/Blade arm. It is such a strong display .I do wish the Cannon arm had more colors or something instead of just 1 big 'ol same metallic mass...
I agree it looks amazing, but as a kid who collected these, he never had that weapon. It was the hook, Gun and claw. So when I see the 2 next to one another, the gun one just brings back the memories, and I gravitate toward that one.
That said I’m going to admire the new one from afar.

Also looking that mine again, it could also just be the big shoulder pad armor which I honestly don’t love on the cannon. As the gun and hook have the more traditional look to them.
Old Today, 12:16 AM   #686
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
I agree it looks amazing, but as a kid who collected these, he never had that weapon. It was the hook, Gun and claw. So when I see the 2 next to one another, the gun one just brings back the memories, and I gravitate toward that one.
That said I?m going to admire the new one from afar.

Also looking that mine again, it could also just be the big shoulder pad armor which I honestly don?t love on the cannon. As the gun and hook have the more traditional look to them.
Yeah I love that Cannon shoulder, it makes him look huge and beefy. Much more menacing. I get these because I like the basic designs taken up to 11. I am not really interested in toy accuracy as I still have those!

Yeah the claw! Forgot about the claw. Since this variant blaster arm is the same hook's shoulder with a swap out Tweeterhead should have made them swappable and added the claw. Come to think of it now I wonder if this variant will have 2 complete arms, hook and blaster or if both pieces will just swap and share the same shoulder?
Wish they had done at least 1 pic with the variant hook.