Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-16-2006, 03:47 AM   #101
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Operator
I went to WM and walked slowly and excited down the aisle.....and EUREKA!there they were. Placed on the pegs nicely and looked untouched....till i messed them all up and got 1 of each of them mwahahaha. except the regular Sentry...i don't really like that one. Got the variant cause he's waaaaay better

Congrats Operator!

I went to Wal Mart at 3am hoping to get lucky because their ML section was bone dry earlier in the day and NADA! they stocked the area with those new God awful X-Men figures.

I am just about DONE with Legends!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #102
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Ryche, did you get my PM regarding these?
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #103
ftrez
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Congrats Operator!

I went to Wal Mart at 3am hoping to get lucky because their ML section was bone dry earlier in the day and NADA! they stocked the area with those new God awful X-Men figures.

I used to collect action figures and was making frequent stops at various toy stores at all hours and was becoming increasingly frustrated with the chase figures. I gave it up completely but now my 10 year old is in to Marvel Legends. This is a kid who opens up the figs, builds displays of battles on his shelves and what not. Just a kid having a good time. He loves the big assembled guys & has Galactus, Sentinel, and Apocolypse. We never, ever, find varients and now I've somehow got to find them in the Wal Mart series just to build Giant Man? It was one thing when I was an adult collector to be running around all over the place, but from the perspective of a father trying to make his kid happy, it is all the more frustrating.
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #104
wolvie34
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

My buddy had more good luck last week as he was able to pick up a regular Sentry and Warbird for himself. Not sure where he was though, I think Mt. Pleasant, MI. Then, while we were in ***lord, we checked the Walmart there and found nothing. We went back the next day and we went through the toy dept. again (his idea and I thanked him greatly) and found a variant Weapon X and Havok. I got the Havok and he kept the variant. So, a pretty good week finding stuff for us.

Question - Has anyone heard if it is true that only the variant Weapon X has the last piece for Giant Man and the variant Sentry has the same piece as the regular Sentry? I think I read that today in Toyfare.
wolvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #105
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvie34

Question - Has anyone heard if it is true that only the variant Weapon X has the last piece for Giant Man and the variant Sentry has the same piece as the regular Sentry? I think I read that today in Toyfare.
Yes, you need the variant Wolverine to complete Giant Man. The Sentry and Sentry variant have the same piece.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #106
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

finally saw some of these hits the shelf of local walmart and within seconds they where gone. too wild freaked me out the way kids and really more adults had to get them and how they knew they where even there.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #107
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Congrats Operator!

Hey Ryche found some for you.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #108
LoD
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Stopped by a Walmart on the way to work from a meeting and saw some Giantman series. I can pick some up if someone needs them...Sentry regular, Wolverine regular (some guy took off with the variants when I arrived), Kitty, Havok, Sabretooth, Antman, and Captain Britain.

There's also a Toys R Us next door, I can check for the Onslaught too if anyone wants. Send me a list and I'll see what I can do.
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #109
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

i have a complete extra set if some one needs it pm me
has the variant weapon x and the yellow sentry and the bearded yellow sentry
or if guys need certain ones i have all of them. pm me
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #110
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I still have all my stuff sitting on layaway. I've got five days to decide whether to go through with getting them or go ahead and get my deposit back. I think I'm going to end up the latter route, as much as I love some of them being figures I know eventually they'll just end up in a box in the basement. Might as well put that money towards the credit card mess my statue obsession has birthed.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote