Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #71
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Thanks guys!

Have not had a chance to unbox yet. Going on week three of jury duty and sadly, after I get home, have to keep up with work. Hopefully get some time tomorrow or Thurs.
I agree, work first or no more statues!
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #72
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Got my arrival notice from bbts. Excited to get him finally!
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:10 AM   #73
off
The X-Men

These things are awesome. I purchased the small Optimus when he was first released and I was not too impressed. I sat on the fence on these big pieces but kept looking at pics and all the positive comments, so I finally pulled the trigger.

So glad I did. I really like them, they make me feel like a kid again. I highly recommend if anyone is still undecided, you will not be disappointed.
off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:01 AM   #74
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Anyone has on-hand pics to show, with scale comparison ?

Interested to get this
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #75
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
These things are awesome. I purchased the small Optimus when he was first released and I was not too impressed. I sat on the fence on these big pieces but kept looking at pics and all the positive comments, so I finally pulled the trigger.

So glad I did. I really like them, they make me feel like a kid again. I highly recommend if anyone is still undecided, you will not be disappointed.
Was it just the size that failed to impress you with the small Optimus or is the quality of the museum scale just overall better? I liked the small Optimus but it looked like decals were just stuck on it. I wish there was a scale in between the classic and museum sizes.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #76
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Was it just the size that failed to impress you with the small Optimus or is the quality of the museum scale just overall better? I liked the small Optimus but it looked like decals were just stuck on it. I wish there was a scale in between the classic and museum sizes.
I have both and the quality on the large ones blows the little ones away. Supposedly the same process but I think they are doing something different as the small ones look very cheap and almost like stickers. The large ones do not come across that way.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #77
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have the small Optimus and Soundwave. I think both are outstanding. I have no doubt the larger scale is superior but I look at what the designer was going for in a statue and price point. IMHO I feel you get a great representation of G1 80's cartoon Optimus Prime. I never personally got this cheap sticker feel from it at all.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:35 PM   #78
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I have both and the quality on the large ones blows the little ones away. Supposedly the same process but I think they are doing something different as the small ones look very cheap and almost like stickers. The large ones do not come across that way.
Agreed.
off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:57 PM   #79
texasfinest
Fantastic Four

Optimus Prime

Buddy of mines is selling his G1 OP is anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6399 (1).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	139557   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6401 (1).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	139558  
texasfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:26 AM   #80
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I have the small Optimus and Soundwave. I think both are outstanding. I have no doubt the larger scale is superior but I look at what the designer was going for in a statue and price point. IMHO I feel you get a great representation of G1 80's cartoon Optimus Prime. I never personally got this cheap sticker feel from it at all.
Yeah I agree. Have both Optimus & Soundwave and they both look top notch. No cheap sticker feeling here.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote