Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-08-2021, 03:14 AM   #241
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This looks good to me.
Same enough for me to already have locked down a PO.

What really made me laugh about this, is i RSVP this well in advance. On day 1 i placed my pre-order. The next day i got a notification that it was live... lol
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:26 AM   #242
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Same enough for me to already have locked down a PO.

What really made me laugh about this, is i RSVP this well in advance. On day 1 i placed my pre-order. The next day i got a notification that it was live... lol
Sideshow always do things like this, they certainly know how to drive in the FOMO to get the order secured while the interest and excitement is high. In reality, it's unlikley you'll ever miss out on anything they produce these days. You can generally wait until they ship and still secure them easily. I started doing this years ago and it's saved me a fortune. I find that as much as I like some stuff, once that initial excitement is over, I look at them more logically than emotionally and often decide to pass.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:43 AM   #243
BurningRage
Inhumans

People just like ordering day 1 for any new product.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:24 AM   #244
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

Quote:
I find that as much as I like some stuff, once that initial excitement is over, I look at them more logically than emotionally and often decide to pass.

This is true especially with the 1-2 year wait period that we have to endure when pre-ordering collectibles.
ETERNIA FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #245
StarWarsIsGood
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
This is especially true especially with the 1-2 year wait period that we have to endure when pre-ordering collectibles.
Absolutely. I wonder how much money Sideshow makes each year just off of NRDs of cancelled POs?
StarWarsIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:40 AM   #246
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
This is especially true especially with the 1-2 year wait period that we have to endure when pre-ordering collectibles.
Exactly, plus there's usually something else out by then which I'd rather have more. My days of rushing in are long gone and it works well for me. But obviously we all have different ways of doing things which is fine. I'll admit that I kind of miss the days of getting excited and ordering stuff on day one, but then they were WAY cheaper back then and we could be a bit more care free and do that kind of thing impulsively. Not so much now when the last statue I've ordered (Prime 1 Jungle hunter) Is $3k to my door....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #247
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

Quote:
I'll admit that I kind of miss the days of getting excited and ordering stuff on day one, but then they were WAY cheaper back then and we could be a bit more care free
Me to, i believe alot of that fun in pre-ordering day one was knowing that if you didn't pre-order right away there's a very good chance in the next few hours or days that the statue would be wait listed , because like you said it was alot cheaper back then with no nrds so people bought alot more then now , where people are not pre-ordering every little thing that is listed that catches there eye and such because of nrds and increased prices..!
Old 05-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #248
SDguy

Quote:
Me to, i believe alot of that fun in pre-ordering day one was knowing that if you didn't pre-order right away there's a very good chance in the next few hours or days that the statue would be wait listed , because like you said it was alot cheaper back then with no nrds so people bought alot more then now , where people are not pre-ordering every little thing that is listed that catches there eye and such because of nrds and increased prices..!
I don't think any of that is just gone forever... it's just not applicable to large company pieces anymore. TH Hordak and Superman 2.0 exclusives are good examples.

Some custom PO's are crazy too, but that has added risk of course... though I suspect for some it adds some spice to the deal LOL.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #249
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
TH Hordak and Superman 2.0 exclusives are good examples.
Teela, as well.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #250
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't think any of that is just gone forever... it's just not applicable to large company pieces anymore. TH Hordak and Superman 2.0 exclusives are good examples.

Some custom PO's are crazy too, but that has added risk of course... though I suspect for some it adds some spice to the deal LOL.
Yeah and i agree with you regarding that , my post on this was only as it pertains to sideshow .

Remember back in the day when they had priority pre-order where they would shut down the entire site except for the pre-order, I can't quite remember if that was just before my time in collecting sideshow or i got to be a part of it . My 1st pre-order from them was back in like 2009 or just around that time