Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #11
Vracula
Jedi Order

Anyone ordered this ? I ultimately passed because the price is beyond stupid.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:06 PM   #12
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I can't justify ordering anything from this company even though I like their licenses. Their prices are just absurdly high.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:08 AM   #13
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I can't justify ordering anything from this company even though I like their licenses. Their prices are just absurdly high.
Yeah its preety stupid right. I feel like they are just looking for gullible customers . There is no way this is worth more than Half what they are asking for. Which sucks cause this is my fav Dante Costume.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:40 AM   #14
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah the first game is my favorite DMC game and also my favorite Dante so I really want to justify preordering this statue, but I just can't.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #15
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah the first game is my favorite DMC game and also my favorite Dante so I really want to justify preordering this statue, but I just can't.
Also I am sick and tired of these big bases , they add like another 400$ to the price of the statue and unnecessary shipping increase and they take up way too much space. It’s a really stupid trend imho. Statue companies are using it as an excuse to bump the prices up.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #16
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah the big bases get tiring especially when they don't feel like they bring enough to the overall display to justify taking up more space. I feel like it's just an easy way to make a statue a lot taller so the price can seem more "justified" that way. How many bases do we need that are rubble or broken statues at this point too? This one is relevant as it is Mundus, but still the concept has been done to death by so many statues over the years. You could probably have an entire collection that only has statues with rubble or broken stones/statues as their base LOL
Old 08-31-2020, 03:21 AM   #17
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah the big bases get tiring especially when they don't feel like they bring enough to the overall display to justify taking up more space. I feel like it's just an easy way to make a statue a lot taller so the price can seem more "justified" that way. How many bases do we need that are rubble or broken statues at this point too? This one is relevant as it is Mundus, but still the concept has been done to death by so many statues over the years. You could probably have an entire collection that only has statues with rubble or broken stones/statues as their base LOL
Yup I feel they have moved over from the rubble basis to this bull---- broken statue nonsense. I got to give SS their due here. Small bases and thematic. Ticks all the boxes and looks classy enough to have in your study or on display anywhere. My god the Prime 1 DMC bases with that monster “Slop”. I don’t even understand wtf is going on with those bases but it was an instant turnoff.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #18
TheProfessional
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Yup I feel they have moved over from the rubble basis to this bull---- broken statue nonsense. I got to give SS their due here. Small bases and thematic. Ticks all the boxes and looks classy enough to have in your study or on display anywhere. My god the Prime 1 DMC bases with that monster “Slop”. I don’t even understand wtf is going on with those bases but it was an instant turnoff.
I completely agree with both of you. Dante from DMC1 is my favorite Dante and DMC1 is my favorite of the series so I definitely would have ordered this statue if the cost was justified. The price is insane and the quality also looks mediocre, same with their Terminator 2 piece which could have been amazing considering Arnold's involvement.

And you're right about the bases on the Prime1 DMC 5 pieces, they're just not that good. They even say the bases go together to form the V from DMC V but it doesn't even seem like they would fit that well next to each other. Also I like Dante in DMC 5 but that outfit etc. is nothing compared to Dante from DMC 1 or even 2. Would love of a definitive statue of either of those.
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:49 AM   #19
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessional View Post
I completely agree with both of you. Dante from DMC1 is my favorite Dante and DMC1 is my favorite of the series so I definitely would have ordered this statue if the cost was justified. The price is insane and the quality also looks mediocre, same with their Terminator 2 piece which could have been amazing considering Arnold's involvement.

And you're right about the bases on the Prime1 DMC 5 pieces, they're just not that good. They even say the bases go together to form the V from DMC V but it doesn't even seem like they would fit that well next to each other. Also I like Dante in DMC 5 but that outfit etc. is nothing compared to Dante from DMC 1 or even 2. Would love of a definitive statue of either of those.
Bases got together to form a V lol and where am I supposed to display them with the space they take ? On my Dining table? Utter madness.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #20
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Bases got together to form a V lol and where am I supposed to display them with the space they take ?
I'm glad you guys mentioned this because I had no idea that's what they were going for. I still don't see it. I'm all for large bases and such but it's only good if you're going to get a few 1/3 or larger pieces. I took the measurements for all 3 P1 pieces. They would take up the length of a large garage shelving unit to display. Agree completely one what SS is is doing. I never found them to be a problem but looking at Mr. Freeze or Hell on Wheels you can tell they're paying attention.

I really want that P1 Doom Guy. Hell if I know where he's going to fit. The room I want him in has dormers on one side and the other is spoken for. They could have given me the dead Pinky and I'd be happy.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote