ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This is for real? I’m surprised but happy 😊
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #22
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fully sculpted and black costume for me.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #23
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Nice, what has it been like 5 years people been asking for a new storm?
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #24
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Since we have a silhouette compared to just a logo for the other reveals, Storm must be a bit further in development. I wonder when we’ll get to see the full statue?
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

YES!!!!!

Thanks Josh for posting this in 12 Days.

Our lady is coming Storm Squad!

#stormriot
Pardon me while I pick myself off the floor in shock that she is actually being made and that we got a shadow image. Didn’t think this day would come. I have looked at this image for the last 15 mins before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Finally, let the sh!t storm begin! But let's face it, there is only one person's reaction which will tell the tale.

Demona, may you find the peace/piece you seek. Looking forward to the input.
In the 15 mins of looking at the shadow image, it is just as expected - the Lee suit. The cape attachment point and my god they actually sculpted a subtler version of the puffy/ruched sleeve. I wonder if the damn shoulder pads made it onto the statue? What I keep hope for is the color. Please not white. Please.

Edit: after more obsessed looking, I see the shoulder pad is for sure there. The sculptor showed some true dedication to this look. Hoping the AD showed some dedication to the comic color of the suit.

Despite the dreaded Lee suit, (shadow) Storm looks great. Hair and pose are fun. I like that her arms aren’t above her head and it’s a pose that she uses in some of her more heated moments. It’s a very take-no-crap pose. She does not have as much boob or booty game as the first PF. This is clearly the “model” version of Storm as opposed to the thicker version Mark Newman gave us. At this point she looks to have the body of Rogue and I’m not sure how I yet feel about that. I’m thinking Harbottle may be the sculptor, so I’m also concerned that Storm will look like a famous person (I hate that for any statue).

Overall, right now, I see nothing that will stop me from buying this because I am a Storm addict who needs her fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Happy for...Demona

I actually love Storm and would absolutely drop the coin on a 1/4 that I liked the looks of.

The pose here looks like it has enormous potential to kick-arse. Just depends on the costume, as the Lee one is a no-go for me.

If that's the way they go (which is what I expect), I'll simply remain happy for others who do have a preference for that one.
You will not be getting this. That is 100% the Lee suit. Would the color choice help of Sideshow so kindly did not paint it white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Hurray for Storm fans!!! I know some have been asking for a long time so I hope she lives up to expectations.
Oh why thank you! You got yours and now we get ours

I am now not-so patiently waiting to see the color of the suit. Storm herself looks great. Powerful pose, hair seems to have nice volume and movement. Oh crap, I hope they don’t give her those horrible bangs/cowlick that Lee did. Ugh. She was pretty much rocking a mullet for part of the Lee era. Hopefully because this wasn’t just a banner teaser we will see a full gallery soon.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Also just dawned on me this is a “premium format” and not a “maquette”. Wonder how much fun we will get with the base? I really want a danger room base bc the last Storm was on rocks, but given Scott and Jean have snow on their bases...
Old 12-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #27
eMCobra
Frackin!

Looks like Mark Newman to me. The hair and body sculpt reminds me of the new Jean Grey pf
eMCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Peedi said the same thing and now I can’t unsee how much they look alike. Which is a shame because Storm isn’t Jean.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #29
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Please be sculpted cape..
Please be sculpted cape..

Fabric cape is a no go for statues. Posable capes belongs to six-scale/hot toys barbie dolls, not on statues.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #30
Y3E
Gen 13

That was the first thing I thought, Jean Grey PF pose. She looks to be just standing there, with legs apart. Probably similar to Mags Maq and appear to be floating.

Fabric cape is the way to go and hopefully she is silver.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote