Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-17-2021, 11:10 PM   #1
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Iron Studios - Black Suit Superman (Zack Snyder's Justice League) 1/10

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Pretty stellar looking piece IMO. Face sculpt at certain angles is there.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:14 PM   #3
Overture
Fantastic Four

Even though I don't collect 1/10's I'm tempted to pick this up anyway.

That said, a few things definitely need to be improved. For one, they've painted the S shield colors the wrong way around. It should be a silver S with a black background. The silver lines down the side of the suit are also way overdone and not as subtle as they are in the film.

I also think the likeness while there, isn't as good as it could be, especially from certain angles.

Hoping they make some adjustments to this piece.
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #4
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overture View Post
Even though I don't collect 1/10's I'm tempted to pick this up anyway.

That said, a few things definitely need to be improved. For one, they've painted the S shield colors the wrong way around. It should be a silver S with a black background. The silver lines down the side of the suit are also way overdone and not as subtle as they are in the film.

I also think the likeness while there, isn't as good as it could be, especially from certain angles.

Hoping they make some adjustments to this piece.
They already announced on their Twitter, and probably Instagram (haven't checked this one), that they are going to fix the shield colors to be movie accurate. At the time they received the promo material, which is what these promo pics are based on, that's how the S shield looked. Not that the movie is out and it has changed, they said they would change it.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
Infinite GLORY

Old 03-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #6
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
They already announced on their Twitter, and probably Instagram (haven't checked this one), that they are going to fix the shield colors to be movie accurate. At the time they received the promo material, which is what these promo pics are based on, that's how the S shield looked. Not that the movie is out and it has changed, they said they would change it.
Well that’s great to hear.

There have been a few occasions where they’ve ignored voiced inaccuracies of their pieces.

Their paint scheme problems at both scales with their CW Black Panther (lack of silver accents on the face) and EG Captain America (incorrect strap colours) pieces quickly come to mind
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #7
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well that’s great to hear.

There have been a few occasions where they’ve ignored voiced inaccuracies of their pieces.

Their paint scheme problems at both scales with their CW Black Panther (lack of silver accents on the face) and EG Captain America (incorrect strap colours) pieces quickly come to mind
Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I posted above the corrected picture IS shared of the newer silver shield. Maybe they just know they can milk this line and want to make sure fans are happy? They said Black Suit Supes is the "first" of this new Zach Snyder JL line, and wanted to know who else fans wanted to see, so I'm guessing we would definetly see maybe Darkseid and Steppanwolf, Flash, Cyborg, etc. Pretty sure they already released some 1/10 figures for the old JL movie tho, so not sure how much they would need new versions already.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #8
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The most in demand right now is Knightmare Batman and Darkseid so we can probably expect to see them.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #9
Overture
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Ah nice, that's great news! I'll follow them on Twitter to catch this stuff in future.

I'm hoping for a couple of other much more minor adjustments but I guess we'll see.

I'll likely pick it up now that they've confirmed the shield will be correct.
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:04 AM   #10
alshadow

IS has confirmed on Instagram that there are 2 more statues coming from the Snyder Cut.