Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-04-2021, 08:27 PM   #41
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Give me a new Gambit and Psylocke...mouths closed.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:53 AM   #42
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hope they do Black Panther next. He should look great in a classic outfit and in an action pose.
With the way Koto's been lately, it would be a surprise if they actually continue beyond this initial lineup announcement, especially in this post-Sosa era.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:00 AM   #43
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

What do you guys think, this or the Bowen Mighty Thor action?

worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #44
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
What do you guys think, this or the Bowen Mighty Thor action?

Bowen all the way.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:40 AM   #45
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Bowen all the way.
I'm actually just watching one of your excellent reviews JP Sarri, so I'm fortunate you responded as I wonder if you can share your thoughts?

Was this close to ordering the Koto Fine Art Thor. Decided to see what other options there are and now I'm in two minds.

I need an action pose Thor. More Dynamic the better. 1/6 scale. I feel like the Koto paint application is incredible - I'll have to say its much better than the Bowen. From the pics. But like you say in your review - the Bowen captures a particular style. That Kirby silver age style is written all over it. And the color/musculature reflects that.

I'll pay a lot more for the Bowen - around $700 or so shipped to the UK. I can pre-order the Koto for much less half that, with rewards points.

Very tough call! Keen to know your thoughts, please
Old 05-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #46
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
I'm actually just watching one of your excellent reviews JP Sarri, so I'm fortunate you responded as I wonder if you can share your thoughts?

Was this close to ordering the Koto Fine Art Thor. Decided to see what other options there are and now I'm in two minds.

I need an action pose Thor. More Dynamic the better. 1/6 scale. I feel like the Koto paint application is incredible - I'll have to say its much better than the Bowen. From the pics. But like you say in your review - the Bowen captures a particular style. That Kirby silver age style is written all over it. And the color/musculature reflects that.

I'll pay a lot more for the Bowen - around $700 or so shipped to the UK. I can pre-order the Koto for much less half that, with rewards points.

Sorry for the late reply. I don’t frequent the Forum as much I used to. I actually talked about this piece on my channel. Here is the link to the video if you haven’t watched it:

https://youtu.be/Omd_-cyz5zI

To be honest with you. Kotobukiya doesn’t have the best track record with quality control. However, the last few releases (Thanos, Carnage and Wolverine) have been fantastic! Hopefully, the trend continues with the upcoming Captain America and Thor, but only time can tell. If I was you, I would wait to see how Thor comes out. Thankfully there is no exclusive and it is very likely that it is going to be easy to find after release. A common occurrence with Kotobukiya pieces.

Now, if you have the ability to get the Bowen I would say go for it. It is an amazing piece in person. It looks beautiful and displays well with other pieces of the same scale. Although the sculpt of Thor is a bit small, the tall base makes up for it. Don’t let the prototype photos fool you. The paint job for Bowen pieces was always better than for Koto’s. I hope this information can help you decide.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:23 AM   #47
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

I own the Bowen spinning hammer Thor. It is incredible. I'm in the category of looking forward and I am obsessed with the Koto Thor. I think from a finances point, it's a better route. Koto's 1:6 are slightly larger and true to scale, and the bowen Thor is a little smaller. The base does help.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #48
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I don’t frequent the Forum as much I used to. I actually talked about this piece on my channel. Here is the link to the video if you haven’t watched it:

https://youtu.be/Omd_-cyz5zI

To be honest with you. Kotobukiya doesn’t have the best track record with quality control. However, the last few releases (Thanos, Carnage and Wolverine) have been fantastic! Hopefully, the trend continues with the upcoming Captain America and Thor, but only time can tell. If I was you, I would wait to see how Thor comes out. Thankfully there is no exclusive and it is very likely that it is going to be easy to find after release. A common occurrence with Kotobukiya pieces.

Now, if you have the ability to get the Bowen I would say go for it. It is an amazing piece in person. It looks beautiful and displays well with other pieces of the same scale. Although the sculpt of Thor is a bit small, the tall base makes up for it. Don’t let the prototype photos fool you. The paint job for Bowen pieces was always better than for Koto’s. I hope this information can help you decide.
Thank you for this thoughtful, helpful message. Yes, I did watch your other video. Very helpful too. I finally decided to go with the Thor spinning Thor hammer. I got it for $499 shipped. At that price point, I couldn't justify the Koto Thor over it
Old 05-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #49
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I own the Bowen spinning hammer Thor. It is incredible. I'm in the category of looking forward and I am obsessed with the Koto Thor. I think from a finances point, it's a better route. Koto's 1:6 are slightly larger and true to scale, and the bowen Thor is a little smaller. The base does help.
Thanks grphyx1. This was a very, very tough call for me. I eventually went with the Bowen. I don't have it and its too iconic too pass. The Koto Thor is also soooo good! But its just not as iconic for me. It wasn't an easy decision though - if I hadn't found the Bowen for a much lower price, I'd have gone with the Koto
Old 05-19-2021, 04:15 PM   #50
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Thank you for this thoughtful, helpful message. Yes, I did watch your other video. Very helpful too. I finally decided to go with the Thor spinning Thor hammer. I got it for $499 shipped. At that price point, I couldn't justify the Koto Thor over it
At that price, you can't beat it.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote