Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #21
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
I like this actually... good choice. Maybe I’ll look at getting this instead.... this size seems good for this statue.

What do you think would look better for this WW being mainly Gold..... having a black or white background and white or warm lights (these are the options to choose from).

I’m in Australia and wonder if anyone knows where this particular once could be purchased locally?
No background and 4K white lights
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:58 PM   #22
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I looked at the Max displays but with JND specifically, wouldn’t they be much deeper than required? Seems like a lot of wasted space.
Yeh I think so...

I think the one you have mentioned could be good....
It's 98cm (H), 55cm (W), 45cm (D)

The WW84 statue is:
65cm (H), 31cm (W), 31cm (D)....... It's nearly just right... however my concern is that the case is maybe just a little too high (98cm and the statue is 65cm) which means there's like a 33cm gap? Would that look funny?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:31 PM   #23
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I looked at the Max displays but with JND specifically, wouldn’t they be much deeper than required? Seems like a lot of wasted space.
For my situation it's fine because I will have multiple statues in the same case.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #24
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
however my concern is that the case is maybe just a little too high (98cm and the statue is 65cm) which means there's like a 33cm gap? Would that look funny?
I though about this as well but thought I might place each statue on a small riser or spinning platform. This way I can standardize the cases but if JND Studios makes statues that are taller I don’t have to find a larger display case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
For my situation it's fine because I will have multiple statues in the same case.
I thought about putting multiple statues in one case as well but settled on something slimmer. I’d prefer that the cabinets not jut so far from the wall and it’s also my preference to give the statues room to breathe so that the display isn’t cluttered. Something I found collecting Hot Toys was displaying one on each shelf of a Detolf looked much nicer than having 2-3 on each shelf. Of course, I ended up stuffing them full as my collection grew anyways.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #25
chronos1919
Nightwing

Does anyone know how the LED strips are configured in the longer/taller Max series moducases? I want to add a shelf and make sure that it won’t block light for pieces placed under the shelf. I’ve tried contacting moducase twice now via e-mail and haven’t gotten a response.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:18 AM   #26
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

You would probably want to add LED strips under the shelves. Here's what it looks like with lights at the top of the cases only:

cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:44 AM   #27
chronos1919
Nightwing

Thanks for the pictures! Their website is pretty barebones. They have multiple lighting options available but don’t depict how they’re configured in the display.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #28
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thinking about trying to build my own case.

Found a DIY video for a case done on a much smaller scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufwUaZaM0ig

I know a large enclosure, for something like a 1/3 figure, or 1:1 bust, will be more difficult, but my first impulse is always to see if I can cobble something together myself.
Not looking to win any awards, but I like to have something specific to my needs and usually the best way to get that is to DIY.

This place [ https://shapesplastics.com/1-4-clear...ic-cut-to-size ]. seems to sell the sheets (1/4") cut to size.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:58 AM   #29
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Thinking about trying to build my own case.

Found a DIY video for a case done on a much smaller scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufwUaZaM0ig

I know a large enclosure, for something like a 1/3 figure, or 1:1 bust, will be more difficult, but my first impulse is always to see if I can cobble something together myself.
Not looking to win any awards, but I like to have something specific to my needs and usually the best way to get that is to DIY.

This place [ https://shapesplastics.com/1-4-clear...ic-cut-to-size ]. seems to sell the sheets (1/4") cut to size.
What's this?!? Are you buying a JND piece?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:46 AM   #30
pdenham
Teen Titans

Not a JND, but I'd like to get a silicone bust this year.

I don't mind having polystone stuff free-ranging it, but if I do get something with silicone and rooted hair, I realize it will have to be in some kind of enclosure.

Just want to start getting my ducks in a row if that comes to pass.

And if it does happen, I'll need to economize in other areas- like this. I won't be able to swing the statue plus a pro built case for it, so DIY it's gonna have to be.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote