Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-29-2021, 10:32 PM   #51
Frankierock
Omega Red

This looks awesome!!! I could care less it’s Pattinson…and happy it comes with another head..this just screams Batman.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:38 PM   #52
Mister H
Gen 13

Now all I have to do is wait until …..“ships between Oct. 2023 - Nov. 2024”
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #53
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

On one hand if the movie is good we will have a bunch of statues of this bats and on the other hand Reeves said there are more than a suit so the final suit will be (probably) different and we all hope the cowl will be different too, so I don't see a reason to buy this piece.

I know, jim lee art etc, I understand but this is not batman, it is pattinson. Maybe it is batman now but after the movie, especially if the movie is great, you won't be able to see this suit without thinking on pattinson at the same time.

Next statues will be more loyal to the movie and, as pretty much always, better and cooler.
I would wait. There will be time to pick this one after the movie anyways.

This piece is selling by the hype for the movie...or the love for this tactical suit. As much as you could love this suit I will still wait until you see the movie. This is a movie suit and a movie piece, the Jim lee's portrait and the extra buff don't fool me at all.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #54
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
On one hand if the movie is good we will have a bunch of statues of this bats and on the other hand Reeves said there are more than a suit so the final suit will be (probably) different and we all hope the cowl will be different too, so I don't see a reason to buy this piece.

I know, jim lee art etc, I understand but this is not batman, it is pattinson. Maybe it is batman now but after the movie, especially if the movie is great, you won't be able to see this suit without thinking on pattinson at the same time.

Next statues will be more loyal to the movie and, as pretty much always, better and cooler.
I would wait. There will be time to pick this one after the movie anyways.

This piece is selling by the hype for the movie...or the love for this tactical suit. As much as you could love this suit I will still wait until you see the movie. This is a movie suit and a movie piece, the Jim lee's portrait and the extra buff don't fool me at all.
I get where you're coming from as usually this would be my perspective. But for this piece I kinda love it (I guess I'm in your tactical suit group). No matter what my thoughts will be on the film, with the Jim Lee portrait it just looks like a really cool Batman. The different portraits are a great way to change up this piece and represent different things for different people or different moods.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #55
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:54 PM   #56
myskye23
Hellboy

Something about this pose and this statue just screams 'BUY ME!' and I was considering it at first but now, I'm certain I'm going to pick this up after these pics. As it is, I have so many Batman statues in 1/3 Scale and some may say that I have too many but damn .... this looks great!

I get some Collector's saying the body sculpt doesn't fit Pattinson's physique but I also like the idea of having this as an alternative suit for Batman and then putting the Jim Lee head sculpt on there will solidify that. There has been many variations of the Batsuit in comics and some artist had their own interpretations and some have deviated from the original design so this can fit that bill as well imho.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #57
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

FYI for anyone considering this, these comments were posted in the P1 Facebook group by Kelvin Loke:

"Guys as u know this is based on the Jim Lee art. There will be another piece that is more movie accurate."

"For some who are asking about the accuracy of the Batman statue to Pattinson Batman, the piece shown is based on Jim Lee art. The real movie accurate piece will be shown later when the movie is out."
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #58
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This statue really shows how physically mediocre Pattinson is to play this role. When you put on his head on the statue it just doesn't fit the body. At least it comes with other portraits.
He is no worse than 98 pound Keaton was physically.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #59
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

"Guys as u know this is based on the Jim Lee art. There will be another piece that is more movie accurate."

"For some who are asking about the accuracy of the Batman statue to Pattinson Batman, the piece shown is based on Jim Lee art. The real movie accurate piece will be shown later when the movie is out."
This is a definite buy for me. For that reason and the quality of the sculpt.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #60
Mister H
Gen 13

....also, if there are going to be two versions of this suit in statue form; the movie accurate and the Jim Lee version, I'm betting that the Jim Lee version will be more popular with collectors. To my knowledge this is the first time a company has taken a movie suit and made a non actor statue of it.