Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-31-2023, 06:10 PM   #31
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
great elseworld story but a pretty terrible one to base your new superman franchise on, at least it would have a definitive end
They've also already done it as an animated film.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:12 PM   #32
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
How do we know that's what it's based on? I know they used an image from All-Star Superman in the video presentation, but other than that, have they stated that the movie is an adaptation of All-Star Superman?
You make a good point, I'm not so sure All-Star Supes has anything to do with Superman Legacy. I found that this article from Variety does a good job of laying out the DCU plans...

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...ld-1235507426/

It mentions that Superman Legacy "focuses on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing,? Safran said. ?He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way. He is kindness in a world that thinks of kindness as old-fashioned." And it said the film will lead directly into The Authority, an ensemble movie about superhumans who have a less-than-idealistic approach to saving the world.

The surprising thing is Gunn and Safran are leaving the door open for Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, and Zachary Levi to continue their existing roles...so much for a full reboot
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:17 PM   #33
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You make a good point, I'm not so sure All-Star Supes has anything to do with Superman Legacy.
I suspect it won't. Especially since it's already been done as an animated film.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:19 PM   #34
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Not really, I'd be way more inclined to think they are piggy backing off the well done, and stupidly ill fated (insert conspiracy theory reason here) single season of Swamp Thing done a few years ago. It was well received, so people obviously want the character.

And PS I loved seeing Man Thing, FWIW.
I really hope they just bring back the actors/actresses and FX team that did the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You make a good point, I'm not so sure All-Star Supes has anything to do with Superman Legacy. I found that this article from Variety does a good job of laying out the DCU plans...

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...ld-1235507426/

The surprising thing is Gunn and Safran are leaving the door open for Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, and Zachary Levi to continue their existing roles...so much for a full reboot
Why does he hate Cavill so much? The newer Supes is literally years away. They could've done one more solo Cavill Supes or just let Snyder finish his JL vision while these are undergoing development.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:38 PM   #35
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I really hope they just bring back the actors/actresses and FX team that did the show.

Why does he hate Cavill so much? The newer Supes is literally years away. They could've done one more solo Cavill Supes or just let Snyder finish his JL vision while these are undergoing development.
Well, this is the guy who ended a Marvel movie with the good guy and the bad guy having a dance-off.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:33 PM   #36
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
Apart from The Batman Part 2, I'm not feeling it. I just don't care anymore. They made too many mistakes to create good will on my part (bring back then fire Cavill while entertaining the possibility of keeping problematic people like Ezra Miller, hiring incompetent writers like Christina Hodson, introducing the Bat-family,...).

Honestly, I'm feeling the "superhero fatigue" right now and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
There’s a new Ant-Man and Shazam movie coming out soon, and I couldn’t care less.

And this is coming from a guy that has seen almost every superhero movie in the theaters.

I am looking forward to The Batman II though.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:48 PM   #37
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Another surprising bit is the JJ Abrams/Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman flick is still in development...figured that would've been a casualty of the new regime. So apparently that will be another elseworlds project along with the Reeves Batmanverse.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:21 AM   #38
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, this is the guy who ended a Marvel movie with the good guy and the bad guy having a dance-off.
yea, he just seems like a dumb ass to me, which is on par with past DCU execs. I don't hate the idea of reboot, but we aren't going to see anything from it for a long time. JL part 2 and 3 are already written I believe. How long have fans been waiting for an on screen Darkseid vs Supes fight? Now, we have to wait an eternity longer to get it
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:04 AM   #39
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I don't read DC so is the Batman-Damian story set in the regular DC universe in the comic books or something else?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:06 AM   #40
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
is the Batman-Damian story set in the regular DC universe in the comic books
Yes.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote