Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 06-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #31
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Another thing to remember... Doesn't QS tend to focus on giant statues? I'm a collector who is tight on space.
Not their 1/4 scale pieces. Their Tom Holland Spidey, Gal Gadot Wonder Woman, and Ledger Joker are all relatively small pieces.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:33 AM   #32
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I was on the same boat. Queen Studios is the only company I trust to get a Movie Portrait correct. They also confirmed on a livestream they'll make a Cavil Superman.

I ended up pulling the trigger on this one. I already like this more than the Prime 1 Statues. My pros and possible cons.

+ Its fully scuplted. Not sure if or how much fabric Queens Studio will use.
+ Love the flying pose
+ Great Concept: The debris hovering around Superman. I think it captures how powerful Superman is without him having to do anything.
+ Light up Portrait looks promising
+ Huge Cavil Superman Fan
+ Really liked the Snyder JLA Movie and the use of the Black Suit.

- I'm just really hoping Weta can capture Cavil's Likeness (so far I think they're on the right track)
- This piece has many dark colors. Not sure if a cloud/sky base setting would work better than all this rubble.
Great points on the pros and cons. I agree!!

For likeness, WETA is doing a good job based on what was shown in the renders and in the BTS video, but I think if Queen Studios did it, they might push that level of quality and likeness up even higher. Which is why I am waiting out a bit just to see if what QS has up in their sleeves.

I did heard they are planning to do a Henry Cavil Superman bust but not sure if they are doing a 1/4 piece as well. It would be a tough competition for QS to beat the pose and concept of this WETA piece, which I think it looks phenomenal with the debris surrounding his cape and the light up feature is just awesome.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:14 PM   #33
N7rebel
Frackin!

Have you seen the new look to the piece? I think the portrait is looking much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	315018A2-CF28-437E-A026-8670B1737526.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	141497  
N7rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:22 PM   #34
N7rebel
Frackin!

I’m not sure if the new heat vision portrait is better than the original, but I think the new regular portrait is a major improvement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	376E6F95-E986-4262-B512-79C00C128875.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	141498  
Old 07-23-2021, 10:50 PM   #35
austintheng

Definitely an improvement to the regular head.. The laser head however, seems a bit off with the skin tone. Like what's wrong with his skin?? But still, overall a great looking Superman statue!! I am even more tempted to PO this... Looks promising!!
Old 07-23-2021, 11:53 PM   #36
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I agree. New regular portrait is better. Hmm...may order this now.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:05 AM   #37
N7rebel
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Definitely an improvement to the regular head.. The laser head however, seems a bit off with the skin tone. Like what's wrong with his skin?? But still, overall a great looking Superman statue!! I am even more tempted to PO this... Looks promising!!
I'm really tempted too, but I'm not sure where to PO it. The official Weta Workshop site? They won't give me a shipping quote until they know more about the weight, and even if they did, I have a feeling it'll be pretty high.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #38
austintheng

Does anyone know what is Weta's shipping rates like for their 1/4 scale statues to SOUTH-EAST ASIA, anyone had any experiences before? And is WETA customer service good when handling any replacement parts/statue? What about QA (quality assurance)?
Old 07-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #39
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The Regular Portrait definitely looks better.

My problem with the Laser Portrait is actually the direction he's facing in. Keep him facing forward.

I ordered mine through specfictionshop because they had more payment options and I knew what my shipping cost would be immediately.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #40
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree. The regular portrait looks better now and the heat vision one looks worse. Still, this is the best MoS statue to date in this size.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote