Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #701
deadrodian
The Spirit

Also 1/4 Guts rage deluxe weighs 41.4 kg and this 1/2,5 regular Pred 45.6 kg, so no idea why people are surprised by weight
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #702
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
Every retailer can change shipping price whenever they want, so I wouldn't overthink it.
Not if your local retailer has 'free' shipping (obviously included in the price).
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #703
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
they definitely based this statue to beat the CM at it's own game. 100% without question, and they did it. This piece is the CM killer for sure.

the base dimensions, the pose, the name plate, the DX has the helmet in practically the same place on the base as the CM. they absolutely intended it to be a better version of the CM.
I wish they were a bit more creative. It's fine to try and recapture the magic of the CM, but there's no reason not to make other structural improvements as well.

Left is what the Prime 1 and CM bases look like. Personally I would've liked a more equilateral shape like the one on the right.

It's close enough to what the CM has, but you could rotate it however you want and it would still be symmetrical. Would also conserve space.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #704
deadrodian
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Not if your local retailer has 'free' shipping (obviously included in the price).
yeah for sure, but this guy I think was talking about retail+150$ to US, which usually ends up going up especially for prime 1 pieces
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #705
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I guessed it was gonna be $2500 back when it was 1st teased. I was right on the money. (for the regular version) ... Shi* I was hoping the DX was that though...

I noticed the necklace doesn't have the rope look. The fabric looks like leather instead. The spots on the head are decent, but not exactly movie accurate. Not having the closed mouth is a real bummer...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #706
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I wish they were a bit more creative. It's fine to try and recapture the magic of the CM, but there's no reason not to make other structural improvements as well.

Left is what the Prime 1 and CM bases look like. Personally I would've liked a more equilateral shape like the one on the right.

It's close enough to what the CM has, but you could rotate it however you want and it would still be symmetrical. Would also conserve space.
Agree. Man that looks like a nightmare to pose and a big space hog. I plan to pose it facing diagonal across the room, not sure if that's possible now due to the shape. Have limited space so can't even buy a spinner and spin this guy around Without it knocking into the wall
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:22 PM   #707
Python
Omega Red

Well, I came home from work with lots to read. Price is too much imo, I expected the DX to be about what the reg is. But it is undoubtedly awesome! And it's so nice to see that Prim 1 actually listened to a few things. You're all very welcome for picky gits like me. Really happy that they have smoothed out those wrinkles, hopefully they will do the same to the legs.

Now to decide whether to cancel my 1/4 version and put it towards this monster...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #708
Python
Omega Red

Just noticed the folded cannon also, even if it is hidden behind the DX barrier. I'm going to ask for even more stuff next time.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #709
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
HUGE!! Looks great. I thought it was funny when people thought this would be under 2.5K. NO way based on what we saw with the behind the scenes footage.

As a Canadian, probably not realistic to get this. 4k US for the DX plus anywhere from 1000-1500 for shipping. I'm not a big enough Predator fan to pay that.
No one thought that!!!

But you have to understand whose reading and try to scew the mkt to price lower

Its simple strategy
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #710
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I agree that this smokes the CM version in every way, they just need to iron out the wrinkles, literally!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote