Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
cykosis3
Doh!

Be warned - adbel(xionart), the king of easy money.

Sorry for the rant, I've been fighting with this guy since May over a Cyborg superman statue. I initially got the statue in May which I thought was a very cool statue, but the base wasn't working correctly, so surprisingly he got another one sent in about 2 weeks. All was fine for a couple months until it started to lean backwards. I contacted him, he sent some jerry rigged rods with the new base and was doing this with all this unsold statues.

I tried myself to do this without great success because the rods were extremely short. I then went to a hardware store to get some rods that would possibly fix the issue. Mind you this was a copout on trying to fixit himself. I tried helping hoping he was going to help me out in the long wrong. I got the rods in and it helped a little and let it sit for a month or so to see what would happen. As time went on it started to learn to the right side.

I informed him and he went back and forth trying to make me get it fixed. I had to do the work to find a sculpter. I even asked Mr. Tim Bruckner with his knowledge on how to fix and how much it would cost, but adbel wasn't only willing to pay $100. Adbel finally agreed to refund me the money upon sending him the statue back, which once he received it blamed customs was charging him too much money and now not collecting it.

Word of caution, don't buy from this guy because he will jump through hoops and cost you all kinds of money for a statue that doesn't work. He doesn't know his product. You have to do the work if its broke/has problems with it. I wish I was warned sooner about this guy, I wouldn't of done business with him.

A bit of funny for the post is his quote about "Honestly I should of stayed at selling kits, saves lots of trouble".

cykosis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I think your experience is a fluke. I've followed Abdel on FB for a while and he is highly recommended for producing limited edition 1/4 scale statues. He's a small scale producer making pieces of characters the big companies don't do or in poses others prefer. Bummer of an experience for you but others should do their own research before accepting a blanket "don't buy from him.". At least you got your money back.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I think your experience is a fluke. I've followed Abdel on FB for a while and he is highly recommended for producing limited edition 1/4 scale statues. He's a small scale producer making pieces of characters the big companies don't do or in poses others prefer. Bummer of an experience for you but others should do their own research before accepting a blanket "don't buy from him.". At least you got your money back.
I beg to differ. Please read the following threads:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=abdel

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f276/ki...rsy-22333.html

Facebook is also littered with his 'exploits'...
He has been banned from most statue appreciation forums I'm aware of. None of my business, but as I often say, if it looks like it and smells like it, it often is it...
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteguytu View Post
I beg to differ. Please read the following threads:

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f276/ki...rsy-22333.html

Facebook is also littered with his 'exploits'...
He has been banned from most statue appreciation forums I'm aware of. None of my business, but as I often say, if it looks like it and smells like it, it often is it...
AH! I didn't put KOH to King of Hobbies. Just thought it was his last name.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
ambasah
Red Skull

total scammer. you either won't get anything or as seen here, get a crappy statue. stay away folks.

oh, and he has a funny habit of creating a new statue company name every 2-3 years, when the water gets too hot...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A lot of people still don't know his history until it's too late. He has a few "reputable" friends which give him credibility and that's why no one knows about his unethical business practices.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #7
cykosis3
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I don't think you read the message. I DIDN'T get my money back. He's yanking me again. I'm down with his antics. I'm a very reasonable guy and will work with you, but when it's your product, back it up and fix it.
cykosis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #8
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykosis3 View Post
I don't think you read the message. I DIDN'T get my money back. He's yanking me again. I'm down with his antics. I'm a very reasonable guy and will work with you, but when it's your product, back it up and fix it.
Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you do get your money back.

Thanks for sharing your story and warning us here on this forum.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #9
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

i talked to abdel, and he explained the situation and i do not blame abdel at all, and this shouldnt be broudcasted on a forum, should be between him and abdel,

ive done business with abdel and didnt have any issues
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #10
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
i talked to abdel, and he explained the situation and i do not blame abdel at all, and this shouldnt be broudcasted on a forum, should be between him and abdel,

ive done business with abdel and didnt have any issues
How much is he paying you to say that?
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote