Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #1281
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Your collection is great and your recommendation of this statue helped me make my mind so I appreciate it.
No worries! Glad you liked the video and it helped you decide.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:54 PM   #1282
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Absolutely.

So I received my SF2 Cammy (after a delay and them coming late as hell in the day) and my box had holes in it in several areas. Not just the outer box but the inner box had several as well. I have pics attached. Not sure why they don't mark it as "fragile".

The statue seems fine. Now from what I understand the value is also based on the inner box (with the character on it) being in good shape too right?

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210617_200134.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	805.1 KB
ID:	140540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210617_200121.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	936.9 KB
ID:	140541   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210617_200117.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	953.2 KB
ID:	140542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210617_200108.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	847.9 KB
ID:	140543   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210617_200104.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	925.6 KB
ID:	140544  

Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:43 PM   #1283
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Absolutely.

So I received my SF2 Cammy (after a delay and them coming late as hell in the day) and my box had holes in it in several areas. Not just the outer box but the inner box had several as well. I have pics attached. Not sure why they don't mark it as "fragile".

The statue seems fine. Now from what I understand the value is also based on the inner box (with the character on it) being in good shape too right?

What do you guys think?
well yeah for pieces like this art box condition can make a difference in resale price....my classic EVO cammy had a single rip in it too but not the other 2....from my experience the more Fragile or Handle with care stickers or signs you put on the box the more banged up they arrive....its like a magnet to use it for Superbowl practice during break time at the Fedex depot
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:50 PM   #1284
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Absolutely.

What do you guys think?
you bought that from sideshow. but yeah the broken box looks like had its journey and the dents on artbox too. i can't remember but i think my box had styrofoam on all 4 side of the box which protected the artbox. for selling them, people don't care about the brown box as much as the art box. but mostly people who like collecting those boxes. in the past i sold a statue with a box which was torn on the top. buyers didn't care about it, they mostly cared how good condition the statue is. my cammys still have 2 more payments left, and then i will get them. im really hoping they come with no issues cause by that time, they probably wont have any replacement pieces.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:41 PM   #1285
Shinobu Sensui

I got both from Secret Compass. There was no Styrofoam around the art box. It was simply the brown box, the art box (with plastic around it, and some corner cushions), and the inside of the box had Styrofoam casing with two belts securing it.

The statue itself is fine, so no complaints there. I guess I could contact Shane tomorrow about it. Not sure if he has spare boxes or not. This is the last one he had however (and of the Alpha). He said he would source some more.

Also the boxes have the number for that unit on them so I don't know if I would have to send the statue back to keep everything consistent.

I'll ask tomorrow and find out.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:59 PM   #1286
ivory7777

Quote:
I got both from Secret Compass. There was no Styrofoam around the art box. It was simply the brown box, the art box (with plastic around it, and some corner cushions), and the inside of the box had Styrofoam casing with two belts securing it.

The statue itself is fine, so no complaints there. I guess I could contact Shane tomorrow about it. Not sure if he has spare boxes or not. This is the last one he had however (and of the Alpha). He said he would source some more.

Also the boxes have the number for that unit on them so I don't know if I would have to send the statue back to keep everything consistent.

I'll ask tomorrow and find out.
chances are he wont have any spare box. i had a box sent to me from a seller on ebay where it was crushed. but he packed it poorly. he pretty much covered the art box with black garbage bag and placed the shipping label on it. anyway your main concern is the statue, which is fine as you said.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:35 AM   #1287
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
chances are he wont have any spare box. i had a box sent to me from a seller on ebay where it was crushed. but he packed it poorly. he pretty much covered the art box with black garbage bag and placed the shipping label on it. anyway your main concern is the statue, which is fine as you said.
Lol....no $******g us? a black garbage bag on the art box and a prayer? well at least the prayer worked on the statue
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:51 AM   #1288
Shinobu Sensui

Quote:
Yea I'd imagine not. I'll ask. This isn't a random guy on Ebay, but a major seller. I don't think he'll have random boxes lying around but it wouldn't hurt to see what he could do about it.

It's crazy someone would do that. You always get some clowns out there? How much was the statue? You figure with an expensive purchase people would secure it better.

Some people are a penny wise and a pound foolish.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:37 AM   #1289
ivory7777

Quote:
Yea I'd imagine not. I'll ask. This isn't a random guy on Ebay, but a major seller. I don't think he'll have random boxes lying around but it wouldn't hurt to see what he could do about it.

It's crazy someone would do that. You always get some clowns out there? How much was the statue? You figure with an expensive purchase people would secure it better.

Some people are a penny wise and a pound foolish.
it was pcs cammy statue where she is kicking. it was around $450. statue inside was fine though. it is very rare to see some one pack the item that poorly, or almost never. but it is common if you buy from those chinese sellers on ebay. i once bought a figure and they sent it in poly envelope.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:08 AM   #1290
Shinobu Sensui

Quote:
it was pcs cammy statue where she is kicking. it was around $450. statue inside was fine though. it is very rare to see some one pack the item that poorly, or almost never. but it is common if you buy from those chinese sellers on ebay. i once bought a figure and they sent it in poly envelope.
The divekick Cammy? What color did you get? That statue was one I was looking at on and off for years. I thought that was pricey then but it did look cool enough for me to consider getting.

I was a hair away from getting it and negotiating on the pink one with the two heads. He was in Canada and I was trying to ship it through another way to cut shipping through Facebook as he had to pay fees.

Someone else got it but then they released the in person photos of these and I was sold on them.

The poly envelope is even worse. Have you ever had a broken statue or figure arrive?