Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-23-2021, 08:28 AM   #571
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I have no idea why anyone who lives in the US chooses to order directly from P1, but whatever. There are multiple better options out there.
You avoid sales tax from Sideshow and usually economy shipping isn't too bad. There are also P1 Bonus exclusives.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #572
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
On the email that I got from Prime 1 they did offer the option of holding the order until prices go back down. The thing is, you do not know when that is going to be.
Thank you so much! I am seeing that information down below at the end of the email. I don't mind the wait, to be honest it is better because there's more time to sell some old items and create more space if anything.

I also notice that they're giving the option to cancel the entire order as well with a complete full refund including the NRD, is that a first? I love the statue but space is becoming a huge issue. If I cannot create any, I'm considering just keeping the first Hush Batman, although this one seems to fit next to Hush Superman a lot more with his height.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #573
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
You avoid sales tax from Sideshow and usually economy shipping isn't too bad. There are also P1 Bonus exclusives.
Yeah, I almost never order anything from Sideshow anymore if it is available elsewhere, unless it has an Exclusive I really want that is only available there. When I do the math, for me and my location at least, taxes and shipping costs minus the reward points earned is still more expensive than many other places that also have reward points (albeit slightly less) but have either free or much less shipping and no tax at all. I'm already paying less from the start to begin with and earning enough points where I'm always going to be saving a lot over time versus constantly paying the tax and high shipping costs from Sideshow and being locked into constantly spending reward points thru them in an endless cycle. Buying from SpecFic and Alter Ego and countless other places have saved me much more. And Sideshow's groups delete or remove any comments when you try to help others since they want everyone to buy through them. It may be different for others, but I would suggest everyone to do the math first to see if it is cost saving for your location. If you save $15-30, even $5 every purchase, it adds up over time.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #574
AlanJG1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am wondering when those of us who have ordered this through Spec Fiction will hear about shipping.
AlanJG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #575
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Thank you so much! I am seeing that information down below at the end of the email. I don't mind the wait, to be honest it is better because there's more time to sell some old items and create more space if anything.

I also notice that they're giving the option to cancel the entire order as well with a complete full refund including the NRD, is that a first? I love the statue but space is becoming a huge issue. If I cannot create any, I'm considering just keeping the first Hush Batman, although this one seems to fit next to Hush Superman a lot more with his height.
In my experience, they hold it for 2-3 months and then ask you to accept the charges again or cancel. As for the full refund, no that's been in place for awhile. I asked them to hold it until prices go down. Hopefully they'll go down in 2-3 months but if not, hopefully they let us hold it longer.

Also the email says the prices have gone up due to airlines (but this is sea freight...) and a change in box size. If the later is true, IMO that's not our problem. If they change the box sizes, that's their decision. They should eat that cost.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #576
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Yeah, I almost never order anything from Sideshow anymore if it is available elsewhere, unless it has an Exclusive I really want that is only available there. When I do the math, for me and my location at least, taxes and shipping costs minus the reward points earned is still more expensive than many other places that also have reward points (albeit slightly less) but have either free or much less shipping and no tax at all. I'm already paying less from the start to begin with and earning enough points where I'm always going to be saving a lot over time versus constantly paying the tax and high shipping costs from Sideshow and being locked into constantly spending reward points thru them in an endless cycle. Buying from SpecFic and Alter Ego and countless other places have saved me much more. And Sideshow's groups delete or remove any comments when you try to help others since they want everyone to buy through them. It may be different for others, but I would suggest everyone to do the math first to see if it is cost saving for your location. If you save $15-30, even $5 every purchase, it adds up over time.
I did the same thing and only ordering directly from Sideshow for their EX. I order directly from Prime 1 to avoid the sales tax and they also have their 5% Rewards as well, not to mention you get 3X Reward Points during their Sales twice a year so that helps with future purchases. Shipping can get a little crazy but like a few people already mentioned here, sometimes you can have them suspend shipping until better rates can be applied. I basically work out the math before I order between Sideshow and Prime 1 and lately Prime 1 has been coming out as the better option between the two.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #577
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
In my experience, they hold it for 2-3 months and then ask you to accept the charges again or cancel. As for the full refund, no that's been in place for awhile. I asked them to hold it until prices go down. Hopefully they'll go down in 2-3 months but if not, hopefully they let us hold it longer.

Also the email says the prices have gone up due to airlines (but this is sea freight...) and a change in box size. If the later is true, IMO that's not our problem. If they change the box sizes, that's their decision. They should eat that cost.
That's interesting, I always thought they keep the NRD. I know Sideshow has the policy that if an order is delayed by at least 3 months, you can request a cancellation and receive a full refund with NRD. Is that the policy that Prime 1 has as well? Or do they allow you to cancel anytime for the full refund including NRD?
Old 06-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #578
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I did the same thing and only ordering directly from Sideshow for their EX. I order directly from Prime 1 to avoid the sales tax and they also have their 5% Rewards as well, not to mention you get 3X Reward Points during their Sales twice a year so that helps with future purchases. Shipping can get a little crazy but like a few people already mentioned here, sometimes you can have them suspend shipping until better rates can be applied. I basically work out the math before I order between Sideshow and Prime 1 and lately Prime 1 has been coming out as the better option between the two.
Agreed. Also, Sideshow and other companies add a few extra dollars to the retail price sometimes. BBTS adds a lot more obviously to make up for the $4 shipping but I've found some Prime 1 pieces on Sideshow to be $50+ more than what Prime 1 charges sometimes. I didn't realize Prime 1 was also 5% rewards, that's pretty cool! That tax is really a killer on high-priced items for sure, and Prime 1's economy shipping is less than what Sideshow charges to me almost all the time. I think SpecFic comes closest in price difference to Prime 1 so I definitely prefer them. It's like $100+ more at Sideshow vs $50 or so at SpecFic, and so far all my purchases from SpecFic have been great without issue. This is my first Prime 1 purchase since it was made after they implemented the economy shipping option.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #579
sparda
The Avengers

Got an economy shipping quote one week ago at 330$, now I'm quoted 520$ economy shipping. WTF???
sparda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:56 PM   #580
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
That's interesting, I always thought they keep the NRD. I know Sideshow has the policy that if an order is delayed by at least 3 months, you can request a cancellation and receive a full refund with NRD. Is that the policy that Prime 1 has as well? Or do they allow you to cancel anytime for the full refund including NRD?
P1 will refund your NRD due to this shipping issue. Not sure about any other times/issues though.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote