Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 06-13-2021, 03:58 PM   #81
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah they will look great displayed together, which is likely what I will do. Thank goodness I don't have to bother with any of PCS Chun Li statues.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #82
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I like everything about it except the base. I don't recall Chun Li having so much 'blue fire' effects. I played Street Fighter 2 Religiously. The only time I remember it happening was when she did that rapid kick.

Is this from Street Fighter 5?
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #83
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I like everything about it except the base. I don't recall Chun Li having so much 'blue fire' effects. I played Street Fighter 2 Religiously. The only time I remember it happening was when she did that rapid kick.

Is this from Street Fighter 5?
I think it's a mix of elements from the games, for example the noodles, I remember Chun Li appears eating at a stage on Final Fight:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chun Li .jpg
Views:	51
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	140340

The other food around maybe have some connection with V, or just chinese food, remember this is based on art from Artgerm.

The chicken looks like refers to SF2, the plaque I can't say yet, it could be 2 or V or some other thing, her face for example reminds me the animes from the 90's.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:20 PM   #84
qz33
Rescue

Holy crap in all these years I've never noticed that!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:53 PM   #85
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just find the pose looking very odd, looks very unnatural.. like if a person was about to leap they wouldn't have their arm like that..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #86
vmcoelho
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Hey guys! Thanks for all the amazing support! Most of you dont know but I am Kinetiquettes Community Manager and I'm here to throw out some info regarding Chun Li's base design. Also, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to message me or tag me here. I'll be trying to keep an eye out here more frequently

We tried to combine elements from different games in a way to honor Chun Li's history throught the series. The noodles can be found in her SFV scenario. When you knock out an opponent with a strong move or special move you can unlock a stage feature where the deafeated player starts the next round with the noodles in his/her head. Other items such as the broken plate and the chinese bowl can be found there too.

The blue energy is also tied to the overall SFV art concept. Remember the blue energy that appears when she activates her V trigger? Well, that's the idea. The blue energy also works to give the piece even more movement. Although the pose already provokes action and dynamism in a graceful/balanced way, the energy is another detail to factor in that idea.

The chicken is a homage to her SF2 stage. Her aesthetics also takes back from that era, with a more delicate face structure and make up.

We can't wait to reveal all the details in the coming weeks. The full gallery is ready so it wont be long now. Again, thanks for all the amazing comments shared here. We're always keeping an eye on them. Cheers! Have a great week!
vmcoelho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:38 PM   #87
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Thank you for the insight!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #88
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcoelho View Post
Hey guys! Thanks for all the amazing support! Most of you dont know but I am Kinetiquettes Community Manager and I'm here to throw out some info regarding Chun Li's base design. Also, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to message me or tag me here. I'll be trying to keep an eye out here more frequently

We tried to combine elements from different games in a way to honor Chun Li's history throught the series. The noodles can be found in her SFV scenario. When you knock out an opponent with a strong move or special move you can unlock a stage feature where the deafeated player starts the next round with the noodles in his/her head. Other items such as the broken plate and the chinese bowl can be found there too.

The blue energy is also tied to the overall SFV art concept. Remember the blue energy that appears when she activates her V trigger? Well, that's the idea. The blue energy also works to give the piece even more movement. Although the pose already provokes action and dynamism in a graceful/balanced way, the energy is another detail to factor in that idea.

The chicken is a homage to her SF2 stage. Her aesthetics also takes back from that era, with a more delicate face structure and make up.

We can't wait to reveal all the details in the coming weeks. The full gallery is ready so it wont be long now. Again, thanks for all the amazing comments shared here. We're always keeping an eye on them. Cheers! Have a great week!

The attention to details…right down to the chicken, noodles etc…

This piece brings back fond memories of the arcade experiences of yesteryear…thanks to your team for the trip down memory lane!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #89
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Very dynamic pose there .... nice portrait ... but worry about leaning over time, as usual and the extra height from the base for display shelves.

Now to wait for price

gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #90
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artgerm View Post
We had so much fun making this Chun Li statue. She is easily my favorite SF female character, followed by Cammy. Can’t wait to show you all the full view.
Thank you for this jaw dropping masterpiece! Chun-li is about to launch her signature spinning air kick with this pose! I freaking love it!!! the face is gorgeous! as a huge chun li and mai shiranui fan, thank you so much for bringing justice to these two phenomenal characters.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote