Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-22-2021, 05:27 PM   #511
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Plus back in avengers West Coast John Byrne and then Roy Thomas already dealt with the issue of her having a breakdown so that storyline was already done. I guess that is what always upset me about that storyline that it was just a repeat. Then again I’ve also been reading comics since 1977 so after 40 some years of reading them eventually story lines or plots are going to get repeated
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #512
Demona
Martian Manhunter

At least her mental breakdown isn’t as played out and beat to death as the Phoenix Force. One of the most beautiful, great, tragic, and fun stories ever is just made a joke of every time they keep having it come back and bond with random XMen.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:05 PM   #513
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey I liked Phoenix force Namor and his destruction of Wakanda . Priceless moment!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:36 AM   #514
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
At least her mental breakdown isn’t as played out and beat to death as the Phoenix Force. One of the most beautiful, great, tragic, and fun stories ever is just made a joke of every time they keep having it come back and bond with random XMen.
I AGREE!!! It’s mostly Jason Aaron. He can’t write a run of anything without dragging the Phoenix in and screwing it up even more. It’s just about non effective as a storytelling device at this point. At this point it’s bonded with every Avenger and Echo is now the current Phoenix host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Hey I liked Phoenix force Namor and his destruction of Wakanda . Priceless moment!
Again, Jason Aaron. I don’t like him. i used to like his work but I don’t buy anything he writes anymore. Probably why Black Panther, one of my favorite characters, is at the forefront of his horrible Avengers run, because he spent so much time trying to destroy Black Panther the best he could.

All of AvX was was stupid. Right down to it’s core story point of the Phoenix being inherently evil and corrupting. That was NEVER the case for anybody who read the Dark Phoenix Saga. The Phoenix isn’t inherently good or evil, and it was only corrupted because Emma and Mastermind corrupted it with telepathic and illusion shenanigans.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:40 AM   #515
Peedi
The Secret Six

Anyway, current SWORD, Marvel trying to write its wrongs

Is it an art oversight or on purpose that she’s not wearing a Krakoan flower that allows humans to cross the Krakoan gates and attend the gala? Or maybe she used her own sorcery to cross the gate?
Old 06-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #516
mmk123

I did notice that she did not have the flower on either maybe we could assume it’s just under her cape

Now this scene made me pick up this issue and I think I am going to pick up sword regularly because I did really enjoy the issue itself and I’ve always liked Al Ewing’s writing

However I did read online that there is a theory this isn’t really the Scarlet Witch but Mystique in disguise trying to get revenge against Magneto for him and Professor X not bringing Destiny back to life
I do admit that is an interesting theory but I hope it is not true and that this really is Wanda
Old 06-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #517
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
However I did read online that there is a theory this isn’t really the Scarlet Witch but Mystique in disguise trying to get revenge against Magneto for him and Professor X not bringing Destiny back to life
I do admit that is an interesting theory but I hope it is not true and that this really is Wanda
That would be pretty cool. I want the twins to be his children again. Perhaps they could have Maury Povich on an upcoming storyline.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #518
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
You might, but Marvel disagrees.

Her last solo series really dived head in on her no longer being a mutant and tried to make it harder to re-establish her as a mutant down the line if they want to.

They should’ve never made that change.
I should read her solo series too. So much catching up to do. I know I broke up with DC just after the New 52. They annoyed me. We’re seeing each other again now for some years but we’ve both been so busy we haven’t been able to fully commit again. With Marvel I know it was before AvX but I can’t remember what triggered the breakup to begin with. We’re also “back together” but like with DC we have yet to commit.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #519
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
That would be pretty cool. I want the twins to be his children again. Perhaps they could have Maury Povich on an upcoming storyline.
Maury making a guest appearance to determine who the parent is would be kind of cool

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wanda and PIetro be Magneto’s kids but be human children to wear the high evolutionary experimented on them and changed their genetic structure to where they would appear to be mutants which is why the sentinels and Professor X all thought they were. Because I think that would be kind of an interesting plot twist where magneto has human children and since he is one of the rulers of Krakoa how would the other people on the island react that a person that they deem to be their mortal enemy is the human daughter of one of their leaders
Old 06-27-2021, 11:32 PM   #520
Peedi
The Secret Six

I want them to be Magneto’s children, they’re more interesting to me that way, but I think they belong as mutants. They were created in the early issues of X-Men to be mutants. Disrespect to Lee and Kirby! Lol, j/k.

Or keep them twins, re-establish they’re Magneto’s children because Wanda’s blood spell in Axis was screwed up and just didn’t work correctly (wouldn’t be the first or last time a spell of hers didn’t work correctly), and reveal Wanda isn’t a mutant but Quicksilver is. Quicksilver’s X-Men related history is much deeper than Wanda’s.