Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-06-2021, 07:10 AM   #311
Elm1ster
Doh!

Thumbs up

Hi
Undoubtedly with the mask on is how the figure looks best, my fear is that over time the mask will leave a mark on the silicone face, what do you think?
Elm1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:30 AM   #312
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm1ster View Post
Hi
Undoubtedly with the mask on is how the figure looks best, my fear is that over time the mask will leave a mark on the silicone face, what do you think?
Very possible.

I’m guessing that it’ll be held on by friction and if so that could possibly leave an indentation on the silicone.

And I doubt that they’ll provide two heads, one with and one without.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:36 AM   #313
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

In my opinion, if someone displays this piece with the mask on, they're missing the point of JND's "ultra realism"......in that case, save yourself a LOT of money and source the Prime1 version.

If you take away the full portrait of Anne (regardless of your opinion on how accurate it is) you just have a masked face with real hair....and at that point who cares about real hair?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #314
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
In my opinion, if someone displays this piece with the mask on, they're missing the point of JND's "ultra realism"......in that case, save yourself a LOT of money and source the Prime1 version.

If you take away the full portrait of Anne (regardless of your opinion on how accurate it is) you just have a masked face with real hair....and at that point who cares about real hair?
To me, the detail, likeness, pose, and base are all subpar on the Prime 1 piece. I would like to display the JND statue with her mask on, despite it obscuring the lifelike portrait but probably won't just for concern that it will mark up the portrait.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #315
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
To me, the detail, likeness, pose, and base are all subpar on the Prime 1 piece. I would like to display the JND statue with her mask on, despite it obscuring the lifelike portrait but probably won't just for concern that it will mark up the portrait.
I have the Prime 1 piece, and from a normal viewing distance I actually quite like the piece. However it has it’s share of problems, least of which is the eye decal placement.

But obviously the JND piece is superior in every way in comparison to the Prime 1 piece, but while the likeness is definitely great, for the price I personally didn’t love the skin tones as for me it looked somewhat ghoulish/zombie like. It kind of reminded me of the Prime 1 Hush Superman in that regard, and yet everyone loved that piece too, but I just couldn’t get passed it. But I hope that it turns out spectacular for everyone who has it on preorder.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #316
Elm1ster
Doh!

We will see how the face of the regular version is, without a doubt the mask will be the perfect complement if the changes don't convince (with WW84 I don't like them)
Old 06-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #317
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm1ster View Post
We will see how the face of the regular version is, without a doubt the mask will be the perfect complement if the changes don't convince (with WW84 I don't like them)
What about WW84?
Old 06-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #318
Elm1ster
Doh!

The face of the regular edition, for me prototype face is better.
that was already discussed in the corresponding thread, I will not make further clarifications about this.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:08 PM   #319
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Edit.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:58 PM   #320
Chao
Frackin!

Hi all,

I'm new here. Does any place still have this available for purchase and shipping to the USA?

Really interested in getting this Anne Catwoman!
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote