Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #1791
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Also has Alan Davis done anything lately? I am trying to think if he has and for right now I can’t.
The newest book I read with Alan Davis art was the Dawn of X Giant-Size Nightcrawler issue last year.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #1792
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
In the future I'll refrain from replying to you regarding anything concerning Jonathan Hickman to avoid condescending comments like this one. He is clearly a polarizing figure here.
I don’t understand why you think my comment was condescending. I was respecting your opinion as your opinion. Everyone should be free to express what they like and don’t like on a discussion forum, as long as those comments don’t include personal attacks. My comment wasn’t a personal one against you, just a general, inclusive and respectfully intended statement.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #1793
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
The newest book I read with Alan Davis art was the Dawn of X Giant-Size Nightcrawler issue last year.
I forgot about that - I read that issue and have it but I guess since it was a while ago I just forgot he did that
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #1794
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Damn it... i missed the Ed Brubaker Captain America Omnibus, vol. 1 again... :/ The new print also went OOP... :/

I know your favorite character is Captain America, wktf so i have a question for you. What do you think about the Ed Brubaker's Captain America run ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #1795
Mister H
Youngblood

Check out Amazon and eBay for the Brubaker Cap omni. IMO, it’s one of the best runs in all of Marvel. wktf will probably say the same.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #1796
Mister H
Youngblood

Check out Amazon and eBay for the Brubaker Cap omni. IMO, it’s one of the best runs in all of Marvel. wktf will probably say the same.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #1797
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Don't be so sure. Last time me and wktf talked about a run, it was about Brubaker, Fraction and Aja Iron Fist run and he didn't like it... Can you believe that... how can someone not like that run... It was superb, the best run i have ever read from Marvel, ...Not one of the bests... The best.

I also missed the Brubaker, Fraction and Aja Iron Fist Omnibus... :/ But i got the singles of it at least, back then i was still getting single issues.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #1798
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Mister H, I absolutely will and do say the same. Maybe the single best run out there, even over Steve Englehart’s run from back in the 1960s and Mark Waid’s run back in the ‘90s (I think).

Last edited by wktf; 07-06-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #1799
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Mister H, I absolutely will and do say the same. Maybe the single best run out there, even over Steve Englehart’s run from back in the 1960s and Mark Waid’s run back in the ‘90s (I think).
And here’s a list of the Top 10 Cap runs I cand pretty much agree with and get behind, with the Brubaker work occupying both the number 1 and 2 spots.

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-capt...erica-stories/

Last edited by wktf; 07-06-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #1800
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

That's great to hear.

I will get the rest of the Brubaker Captain America Omnibuses then. And Those are The Death of Captain America, Captain America Lives, Winter Soldier and Return of Winter Soldier, i believe. After getting the reprint of those, i will get the first omni when Marvel reprint it again and start to read.