http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC2Ea0So2CY
First Orbit Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs6ikmrLgg
First Orbit Full Film
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I'm pretty versed on space history, so I was surprised to learn that Gagarin actually ejected from the capsule by design for the final return to earth once safely in the atmosphere. This was kept secret for decades.

God, devil or sun please make humanity get a fire under it's ass soon, I want to see footprints back on the moon and onto Mars before I die.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

http://blog.nasm.si.edu/2010/04/12/w...is-spacecraft/

http://www.space.com/11322-yuri-gaga...fographic.html

Yeah there were chances that in spite of Yuri's full orbital flight, his achievement of being the first man in space flight could have been undermined

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
God, devil or sun please make humanity get a fire under it's ass soon, I want to see footprints back on the moon and onto Mars before I die.
Indeed, successful manned mission to Mars is something I hope to witness in my lifetime.

http://www.space.com/11361-space-mar...-50-years.html
Why Haven't We Colonized Mars Yet?
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

There was an interesting article on the BBC website that if the Soviets had landed on the moon first that the space race would still be going today. They claim that after the US Apollo missions the US TV audiences became bored and that put the breaks on a lunar base. And now the US has pulled the plug on the Space Shuttle so that they will be relying on the Russians to bring them back and forth to the international space station.

Will we ever see man land on the moon again let alone Mars.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Drinking vodka on the moon would be awesome.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
There was an interesting article on the BBC website that if the Soviets had landed on the moon first that the space race would still be going today. They claim that after the US Apollo missions the US TV audiences became bored and that put the breaks on a lunar base. And now the US has pulled the plug on the Space Shuttle so that they will be relying on the Russians to bring them back and forth to the international space station.

Will we ever see man land on the moon again let alone Mars.

Lots or reasons why things slowed, Shuttle sadly never delivered on cheap access to space, 100 flights a year space truck for instance. But we learned much flying her, and we DO have a massive orbital space station above because of her.

We're in one of those in-between launch systems gaps. Not the first time. No Americans at all flew to space for six years during the seventies.

Also shuttle was low earth orbit only.

The Orion crew capsule, under construction now, though back to a capsule, will be capable of beyond low earth orbit missions, something shuttle could never do.

A heavy lift rocket is planned by NASA, that is still taking shape, and SpaceX is developing private solutions to heavy lift rockets.

Those can carry landers, habitats someday.

We're in a transitional phase and it will last some years, but I do think we will see some incredible human accomplishments in space in time.

It's sort of the nature of all life, to expand and leap outwards at times, frustrating that what we are capable of we do not do quicker though.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Lots or reasons why things slowed, Shuttle sadly never delivered on cheap access to space, 100 flights a year space truck for instance. But we learned much flying her, and we DO have a massive orbital space station above because of her.

We're in one of those in-between launch systems gaps. Not the first time. No Americans at all flew to space for six years during the seventies.

Also shuttle was low earth orbit only.

The Orion crew capsule, under construction now, though back to a capsule, will be capable of beyond low earth orbit missions, something shuttle could never do.

A heavy lift rocket is planned by NASA, that is still taking shape, and SpaceX is developing private solutions to heavy lift rockets.

Those can carry landers, habitats someday.

We're in a transitional phase and it will last some years, but I do think we will see some incredible human accomplishments in space in time.

Quote:
It's sort of the nature of all life, to expand and leap outwards at times, frustrating that what we are capable of we do not do quicker though.
I'll have you know I give my girlfriend the best 3 minutes of her life all the time.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:17 AM   #8
Cannon Gray
Doh!

Recently we had the opportunity only to study the history of space exploration, but now we can use rockets for education purposes. Such rockets can also be used to test the construction material and thermal protection coating under the flight loads. This is such rocket such as Skylark Micro rocket. The development of today's technologies depends on the space war that began more than 50 years ago. And, however, they say the space war ended, I guess it's still continuing.
Cannon Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #9
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’m pretty sure the reason why the Russians failed to make it to the moon is because they actually tried! Where as we just went to Hollywood and convincing filmed the whole thing.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:18 PM   #10
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Well since we are necroposting... I guess nine years later we have some progress.... SpaceX has delivered some remarkable tech and continues to do so, we have three lunar lander contracts kicked off for Project Artemis, and Orion on SLS is to fly 2021 test flight then the next flight is crewed around the moon. We have astronauts selected for lunar surface missions.