Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Collecting rare Video Games

I have all my original NES and up games that I grew up with. A Good 80% of them are in mint condition with their respective boxes and manuals. When I was in the Army I lost a box full of empty game boxes which was part of my collection. So now I've been trying to hunt them down. Apparently I'm not the only one. I have been able to recover some in near mint condition but was surprised at what they go for. Some were as high as $125! That's just the box with inserts and no game. Of course you can get a beat up one or one in ok condition for around $5. There are also some games which command a high price. Just recently my nephew asked me to look for an old PlayStation game he had called"Team Buddies". He looked on eBay and saw that a new copy runs for around $90! and a good condition one for $60! I don't remember that game being that fun lol. Then there are games like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111567662630...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I first started watching this auction it was at $20K then by middle of the day it was at $35K . Look at it now With all the different bidders on it I doubt they're all sham bids.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Well that is an auction for like one of the rarest games...ever...
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yea. The first game ever to surface was sold for $27.000 a few years back. Theres like literally only 20-30 copies of this game. Im more surprised Chrono Trigger and Earthbound get prices so high. Then you go to Japan retro shops and everything is back to realistic price listing.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Wow didnt think there were other collectors here for retro. I am picking up a CIB set of Mega Man today. Now I gotta sell my 1-6 set of just the carts. You guys know anyone that would want them?
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I doubt the seller is going to get the money. Too many fraud bids.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
I have all my original NES and up games that I grew up with. A Good 80% of them are in mint condition with their respective boxes and manuals. When I was in the Army I lost a box full of empty game boxes which was part of my collection. So now I've been trying to hunt them down. Apparently I'm not the only one. I have been able to recover some in near mint condition but was surprised at what they go for. Some were as high as $125! That's just the box with inserts and no game. Of course you can get a beat up one or one in ok condition for around $5. There are also some games which command a high price. Just recently my nephew asked me to look for an old PlayStation game he had called"Team Buddies". He looked on eBay and saw that a new copy runs for around $90! and a good condition one for $60! I don't remember that game being that fun lol. Then there are games like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111567662630...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I first started watching this auction it was at $20K then by middle of the day it was at $35K . Look at it now With all the different bidders on it I doubt they're all sham bids.
Dude, if you haven't already you should subscribe to r/gamecollecting on Reddit. It will open you up to a world that is very similar to Statue collecting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting

I remember as a kid thinking I should hold on to everything. I knew gaming wasn't a flash in the pan thing, and I knew one day the stuff I had would be worth something (not a huge amount, but still). I should have trusted my instincts.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Dude, if you haven't already you should subscribe to r/gamecollecting on Reddit. It will open you up to a world that is very similar to Statue collecting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting

I remember as a kid thinking I should hold on to everything. I knew gaming wasn't a flash in the pan thing, and I knew one day the stuff I had would be worth something (not a huge amount, but still). I should have trusted my instincts.

Thanks man I'll check it out. To me the rarity doesn't weigh in as much as the personal connection I have with the games I grew up with. Since I have all my original games since the NES came out, I tend to look for other things game related. Here's a good site to check out great gaming collections. They also have buy/sell /trades in theforums on
Video Game Memorabilia Museum
http://videogamemm.com/main/
Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
Wow didnt think there were other collectors here for retro. I am picking up a CIB set of Mega Man today. Now I gotta sell my 1-6 set of just the carts. You guys know anyone that would want them?
Check out the forums on here to see if anyone is interested in those games or just try EBay.

http://videogamemm.com/main/
Old 01-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #9
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I still have a healthy collection of games consoles, I started collecting them before statues.

Current list is:

Xbox (got two of these one of which is hacked)
PSone (with the portable screen attached)
PS2
Sega Megadrive
Sega Mega cd
Sega 32X
SNES
Nintendo 64
Phillips CDI
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
3DO
Atari Jaguar
PC Engine with CD-ROM drive (American version)
Commodore 64

HANDHELDS

Neo Geo Handheld
Sega Nomad
Pc Engine GT
PC Engine turbo express (American version of the above)
Sony PSP
Sony psvita
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Neo Geo Pocket
GP32X
Atari Lynx
Gizmondo
Archos gamepad

Current/Last Gen

PS4
XBOX ONE
Wii U
Xbox 360 ( x 2)
PS3 ( x 2)
Nintendo Wii

Too many games to list! though sadly most of them are in the attic now, no space to get them out and wiring them all in is a nightmare
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #10
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I've got roughly the same collection of handhelds as you El Diablo, and a huge number of games to go with them. Love my handheld gaming
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote