Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #11
aces8888
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm a big fan too. I agree the manga is way better, but I do enjoy watching the animated scenes and the music. Hey Moon, have you seen the new Megahouse Hancock figure?
aces8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
WOW! That Viletta Nu is hot!
She sure is! She's one of my favourite lady statues by far, it's a shame I wasn't nearly as impressed with the rest of the ladies from the series. Megahouse will probably revisit them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Japanese animes in genreal are weak, specailly action scenes.

The anime version of One Piece fails to reproduce the excitment of battles and that alone is enough to shut me out.
I find the opposite actually, I often prefer the anime of most shows to the manga because they visualize the action pretty decent, but to each their own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink
it'd be nice if they put out season sets instead of this voyage horse sh*t
As a part-time Funimation employee, I can tell you straight up that's because they sell the best that way. Though you can expect larger box sets wayyy down the line, like what's being done with Dragon Ball right now (seasons at first, and now they're releasing the Dragon Box sets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlyte
great.. btw just some insight, The problem I have with megahouse. The statues bend through time! I use to have a bleach renji statue and this what happened.
I've heard of that happening, but never had an issue with it. I've had some of the Portrait of Pirates ones since their first release, which was in 2004. Maybe that's a temperature issue?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
moonlyte
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces8888 View Post
I'm a big fan too. I agree the manga is way better, but I do enjoy watching the animated scenes and the music. Hey Moon, have you seen the new Megahouse Hancock figure?

yeah same goes with any series but I still watch the anime.. funny thing even though I know whats going to happen next I still get surprised.. haha and thats a good thing I think!

anyway Not yet, Ive been too caught up with the manga that I forgot the merchandise. Il check it out?
where do you guys order your megahouse stuff?
moonlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
moonlyte
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

lets start talking about the series.. Naruto is way getting all the love these days.

some insights.. what do you guys think monkey d. dragons abilities are? or red hair shanks power as well

those are my questions..hmm
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
As a part-time Funimation employee, I can tell you straight up that's because they sell the best that way. Though you can expect larger box sets wayyy down the line, like what's being done with Dragon Ball right now (seasons at first, and now they're releasing the Dragon Box sets).
how come the blood+ sets are so expensive?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
how come the blood+ sets are so expensive?
I have no clue. We have a few shows that have higher than expected pricetags, but I don't deal with the department that sets the pricing. I'd assume it was simply a more expensive series to licence.

moonlyte : I usually order my Megahouse figures through HLJ.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
moonlyte

cool thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
MrYac
Hercules

i really enjoy the series, but it's so long that i'll never be able to catch up and have sadly given up, i do wish Meghouse would make a friggin Buggy already, hell i wish anybody would make a decent Buggy
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #19
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

<--fan
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:29 AM   #20
paulowafu
Doh!

I also am a very big fan of one piece! anyone collecting figs?
paulowafu is offline   Reply With Quote