Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 06-05-2019, 08:58 PM   #11
Luminous
Cyclops

Finally decided to catch up. Was watching the dub on demand but decided to just finish it with a free trial of Crunchyroll. This tournament was the highlight of Super for me. However, my least favorite aspect of it was whenever they dealt with Jiren. The guy is uninteresting and was only placed in the show as the hurdle for the next SSJ level. And once again Vegeta plays second fiddle... as always.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
And once again Vegeta plays second fiddle... as always.
check your math friend, he was 4th behind Goku, Freiza and 17

the tournament was exactly like the rest of Super, really cool concept but terrible execution. so much possibility thrown out for more stupid Saiyan forms. I was hoping sooo much that Jiren was going to win, give us something different for a change.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #13
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
check your math friend, he was 4th behind Goku, Freiza and 17
Touche'.

Quote:
the tournament was exactly like the rest of Super, really cool concept but terrible execution. so much possibility thrown out for more stupid Saiyan forms. I was hoping sooo much that Jiren was going to win, give us something different for a change.
Couldn't agree more. The show becomes tedious to watch when we are just waiting to see the same outcome over and over again.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #14
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Touche'.

Couldn't agree more. The show becomes tedious to watch when we are just waiting to see the same outcome over and over again.
I've been for more distinct and varied powers going back years.

In some ways I wish Vegeta (my favorite) and Goku stayed dead to allow for newer characters to be relevant and death to have meaning. So many characters feel like filling out roster spots than having presence or agency in story.

Imagine if the new power went to someone else, like Piccolo getting Ultra Instinct or Gohan having god form. The last time I found the power dynamics really fascinating was when Gohan shortly passed Goku to beat Cell.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Imagine if the new power went to someone else, like Piccolo getting Ultra Instinct or Gohan having god form. The last time I found the power dynamics really fascinating was when Gohan shortly passed Goku to beat Cell.
Super could've been so much better, but as usual instead of using the amazing supporting cast they just gave the space monkeys new hairstyles. Piccolo was as usual the biggest disappointment, when he was first asked to join the team I was hoping he'd get some Whis training and become a namekeian God, but nope it was way better for him to get beaten by a weaker version of Freiza then forfeit the match like a weenie. then I was hoping against hope that in a last ditch effort to save their race the U-6 Nameks would allow him to absorb them since they were going to all be erased giving him a ridiculous boost , but nope it was way better to have him get eliminated by a bug.....

and having Roshi take Yamcha's spot was just so stupid, this could've been their chance to attempt to reverse the character assassination by letting him fight again, but nah it's way funnier to let internet folks who've never watched the series to laugh at him instead.

I could go on, but none of these are points that haven't been made.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Super could've been so much better, but as usual instead of using the amazing supporting cast they just gave the space monkeys new hairstyles. Piccolo was as usual the biggest disappointment, when he was first asked to join the team I was hoping he'd get some Whis training and become a namekeian God, but nope it was way better for him to get beaten by a weaker version of Freiza then forfeit the match like a weenie. then I was hoping against hope that in a last ditch effort to save their race the U-6 Nameks would allow him to absorb them since they were going to all be erased giving him a ridiculous boost , but nope it was way better to have him get eliminated by a bug.....

and having Roshi take Yamcha's spot was just so stupid, this could've been their chance to attempt to reverse the character assassination by letting him fight again, but nah it's way funnier to let internet folks who've never watched the series to laugh at him instead.

I could go on, but none of these are points that haven't been made.
Man, you are so right. I didn't even think about it while watching Super since I've gotten so accustomed to them treating him like a joke. I started playing DB FighterZ again and he looks incredibly awesome in that game. Such a wasted opportunity.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:45 PM   #17
MrYac
Hercules

and don't even get me started on the Ultra Instinct garbage, and Ultra Instinct Roshi at that
Old 06-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #18
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
and don't even get me started on the Ultra Instinct garbage, and Ultra Instinct Roshi at that
UI Roshi? When did that happen?
Old 06-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #19
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
UI Roshi? When did that happen?
In the manga, he actually fights Jiren for a bit .
Old 06-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #20
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
In the manga, he actually fights Jiren for a bit .
You're @#$en kidding me...

So humans can now do what Saiyans can? What makes a Saiyan special anymore? Wtf do any of these new levels and achievements mean anymore? Good lord...