Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 10-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #11
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Hopefully get an idea what quality level they are too. Trigun was my first real/non-serial anime. Before that was stuff like Voltron and Dragonball Z. To this day, it has one of the most intricate, psychological plots Ive seen in any show.

F4F is putting out awesome stuff lately and Im getting a lot of them, but they will only make stuff that their club will vote on- and I would say sadly the majority there are barely interested in anime. P1 seems to be sticking to a lot of the older classics like Fist of the North Star and Akira etc. Would be cool if Figurama could carve a niche into some of the lesser known shows- Hajime no Ippo, Nadesico, Redline etc
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #12
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Hopefully get an idea what quality level they are too. Trigun was my first real/non-serial anime. Before that was stuff like Voltron and Dragonball Z. To this day, it has one of the most intricate, psychological plots Ive seen in any show.

F4F is putting out awesome stuff lately and Im getting a lot of them, but they will only make stuff that their club will vote on- and I would say sadly the majority there are barely interested in anime. P1 seems to be sticking to a lot of the older classics like Fist of the North Star and Akira etc. Would be cool if Figurama could carve a niche into some of the lesser known shows- Hajime no Ippo, Nadesico, Redline etc
I want to say P1 has Trigun. I know they have Full Metal Alchemist as well as DBZ. They have A LOT of licenses so releases are slow. It gives Figurama a chance to carve themselves as the Go-To source for older anime. I like F4F, but they cave to the whinny crowds (they're the loudest) and some of their pieces feel like they're lacking something. At least anime wise.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:11 AM   #13
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Wouldnt say f4f caves- when your customer base pretty much only wants mario, zelda and sonic, sucks but thats what you have to make. Really theyre being quite bold trying to push into anime which from what I can get from the bulk of the club’s knowledge, doesnt extend back past a couple of years (that or its bubblegum princess stuff). Really hope it gets better for them. Want them to finish Champloo and OPM and cant wait to see Jet Black debut in the next month or so.

There was talk a while back about P1 getting Trigun. I think it was just a comment from Triguns creator saying he would be honored for them to do it. Nothing was ever confirmed. I like P1 but a lot of their decisions bother me. They make the tmnt movie characters modeled off the less popular masks, their destro is horrible on a weird tiny person staircase base, cobra commander is the less popular version, their sneak peek at Kenshiro from FOTNS didnt even look animated and was unrecognizable. I was down for their GITS line but Im kind of worried about it now.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

^ What are you worried about Prime1's Guts line?
This statue looks like the same art direction as a Prime 1.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #15
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I dont collect Berserk. Watched the anime, didnt like it. I hear the manga is good but Im not really into where the subject matter went. As far as looks go its alright but Im not crazy about the face.

Figurama does remind me a bit of P1 in that they go big, no plain bases.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

I think this should be in the General Statue & Collectible sub-forum of the Statue Talk - Others forum so that it doesn't get overlooked.

I couldn't even remember where I had posted yesterday!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #17
Davidian
Omega Flight

I hear that Figurama is supposed to make some Hellsing statues. This Vash looks great, so I'd love to see their take on one of my fav animes. It's a shame F4F decided not to pursue the license.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #18
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think this should be in the General Statue & Collectible sub-forum of the Statue Talk - Others forum so that it doesn't get overlooked.

I couldn't even remember where I had posted yesterday!
Ageed lol. Actually thought about putting it over there but figured theyd just move it back here. If a mod wants to do it, fine by me.

Figurama does also have the Hellsing license. Theyve got a promo image right now but its not what they’ll be making. No teasers yet.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Figurama released production pics of their devilman dio- all signs point to awesome. Ready for Vash, bring it on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA87309C-077B-4160-A329-22000EF0B175.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	109147   Click image for larger version

Name:	5EE26589-B5E8-404A-8E4A-0173AA26072C.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	109148   Click image for larger version

Name:	97CA0452-6EBB-42D8-8DD6-DBA8463B6F99.jpeg
Views:	20