Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-10-2019, 01:34 AM   #591
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Right, cuz making Mar-Vell female was an innocent mistake.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #592
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Just to add, I wouldn’t say nobody cares. SJWs care about identity politics above all else (thus the bad writing, art, etc.). That why both the Captain Marvel in the comics and the movie are boring Mary Sues that are over-powered, have no flaws, no weakness, no adversity and no sacrifice for their powers. That’s why SJWs do not support Alita, while being a strong female character, Alita has flaws and relies on others. Which makes Alita an empathetic and relatable character, unlike Carol Danvers a character that SJWs want to be relatable only because of her gender.

I think strong female characters are great if organic to the storytelling. I love Alita even though the movie has its own flaws. I can’t support a mediocre MCU movie because of the directors, writers and star place identity politics over good storytelling.
A lot of misinformation in this post.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:00 AM   #593
actionjackson83
Midnighter

6/10, just very Meh for me after seeing the movie. Some cool effects, but the action wasn't that great, and the characters were not very good. it would've been a 5/10 if not for the end credits.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #594
Vracula
Jedi Order

Hilarious how some are frothing at the mouth wanting this movies to fail so bad, this clearly a MCU movie,it's got the same formula FFS, while on the flipside some are ignoring the obvious corporate virtue signalling. Either way step out of your echo chambers and take a look at scum that are feeding of the negativity with their clickbait articles , garbage youtube videos and Twitter swamp juice. Negativity is a commodity that is being sold now and people on both sides of the fence beating their chests like a bunch of monkeys.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #595
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Hilarious how some are frothing at the mouth wanting this movies to fail so bad, this clearly a MCU movie,it's got the same formula FFS, while on the flipside some are ignoring the obvious corporate virtue signalling. Either way step out of your echo chambers and take a look at scum that are feeding of the negativity with their clickbait articles , garbage youtube videos and Twitter swamp juice. Negativity is a commodity that is being sold now and people on both sides of the fence beating their chests like a bunch of monkeys.
Its ma'amkey, sir! Wait, am I allowed to call you sir?

I digress. It does not have the same formula, new directors & protaginist with a clear feminist agenda. Theyve said it themselves. After you weed thru both sides as you put it, and see just how deep the sjw virus seeps, its clear.

I for one dont want politics or propaganda in my entertainment, I just want to enjoy my escape from reality. This is just one reason to be turned off by this film. WW sent the same message of empowerment but in tasteful subtle way and I enjoyed it.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #596
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Do they blow up ----! If yes then it is good enough for me.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #597
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Its ma'amkey, sir! Wait, am I allowed to call you sir?

I digress. It does not have the same formula, new directors & protaginist with a clear feminist agenda. Theyve said it themselves. After you weed thru both sides as you put it, and see just how deep the sjw virus seeps, its clear.

I for one dont want politics or propaganda in my entertainment, I just want to enjoy my escape from reality. This is just one reason to be turned off by this film. WW sent the same message of empowerment but in tasteful subtle way and I enjoyed it.
So tell me exactly what scenes are pushing the feminist agenda? Exactly how was it a mediocre movie after you watched it? Oh that’s right you haven’t actually seen it. If you want to rate it a 5 after seeing the movie and lists the reasons, all for it. But this is basic trolling.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #598
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Where the hell are you going to get a woman who is 6'1. Brie Larson is 5'8. Hell Paltrow is almost 6 feet and Downey is 5'6 and they make them the same height. So if Ironman can be 5'6, why can't Captain Marvel be 5'8? You make no sense.
Captain Marvel is 5’11” not 6’1”. Big difference.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/ca...vers/in-comics

Brie is 5’7” not 5’8”.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Brie-Larson-1765.html

If you look at Downey in all the marvel movies, his scenes are always shot like he is taller the he really was.

There were full shot of Brie in her CM costume that made her look even shorter then 5’7”.

With that, your argument makes no sense.

If you want to go with height, how about Gal Gadot? She’s 5’10” and could easily pass for CM especially that her physic are far better then Brie. Though she is older but still super sexy, Charlize Theron would easily have been a better choice also especially she’s also 5’10”. Just saying.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #599
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Who the ---- cares how tall the actress is. Just another non-issue you're making into an issue.

A lot of actors don't perfectly match all of the physical characteristics of the characters they're playing. Thor is 6'6" and Chris Hemsworth is 6'2". Let's throw a fit because he's 4" shorter.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #600
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
So tell me exactly what scenes are pushing the feminist agenda? Exactly how was it a mediocre movie after you watched it? Oh that’s right you haven’t actually seen it. If you want to rate it a 5 after seeing the movie and lists the reasons, all for it. But this is basic trolling.
Ive watched more than enough reviews/spoilers/leaks to be able to make my opinion. If you disagree or cant see the forrest thru the trees then thats ok.

But youre already stating i shld be rating it a 5 just because I saw it? Basic sjw nonsense.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote