Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #611
senseimaki
The Herculoids

OMG! It’s just a movie. Watch it or don’t. Like it or not. But only an imbecile would pass judgment without watching it or complain about the actress’ acting solely based on her SJW agenda.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #612
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Angry, please! Your comments and replies make me laugh! you accuse a group of calling name and then you do the exact same thing. Funny stuff!! And I never said you had to agree with my opinion on the movie, everyone has their own opinion. But usually people give them opinion on a movie after actually seeing the movie and not just trailers. You are accusing the movie of doing something yet you have no definitive examples of it.
You swung first, I responded lol, it is funny.

BTW, I didnt rate the movie did I, I said I wasnt interested and stated why with events and facts surrounding it that can be verified (ie, director said it was feminist push, etc).

Lol, nevermind.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #613
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The estimates on Boxofficemojo are $153M domestic and $302M international for a total of $455M worldwide.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2018a.htm

Got to say I'm pleasantly surprised as I was expecting considerably less, but sandwiching it between Infinity War and Endgame certainly must be working in its favor. Competition for screens appear light up until Shazam on 5 April, so it should continue to do well even without a lot of repeat viewing.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #614
nearmint
Phoenix

I’m so glad that I was able to walk into the theater without any of this crap clouding my enjoyment of the film.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #615
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I haven’t seen it yet. My son and I are going this week. My only barometers are (1) is it a good movie (script, directing, acting, etc.) and (2) are the characters true enough to their source material, with whatever adjustments are needed for good storytelling in a different media (film vs comic books) to improve the movie-going experience.

By these standards Winter Soldier, Avengers and Ragnarok win and Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World and GotG 2 fail.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #616
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
The estimates on Boxofficemojo are $153M domestic and $302M international for a total of $455M worldwide.

Got to say I'm pleasantly surprised as I was expecting considerably less, but sandwiching it between Infinity War and Endgame certainly must be working in its favor. Competition for screens appear light up until Shazam on 5 April, so it should continue to do well even without a lot of repeat viewing.
Wow, these are really great opening numbers! I was expecting a good box office at release, but not that good. Nice to see the movie doing well.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #617
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

Captain Marvel 2 in 2021/2022 seems safe to say now. The Marvel machine seems almost unstoppable in the face of "super hero fatigue".
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #618
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
A lot of how people feel about things in life are seeping into how they react to this movie based on outside factors. I don't know if people really know they are doing it. I heard someone in my life react to Eternals possibly having a gay main character. He said he is fine with it but don't discuss it or shove it in his face. I posed the question if you don't announce it ahead of time or in the movie have him in a relationship with a guy, via kissing, holding hands, or living together, how would you know he is gay. He said "Exactly" The only way to move the needle and get people comfortable with things that may not be in their lives is to show it and to talk about it as it is normal. Otherwise you are saying it is abnormal and should be hidden.

Only bringing this up because it seems that a lot of men are very uncomfortable with woman or how they perceive woman should be according to them.

This is my opinion, I think both sides are cringe. The side that thinks this is a big win for women and making a SJW agenda and the angry people giving it 1 out of 10 because of this notion. I'll explain. Saying this movie has a Feminist motive people are automatically going to think it's tied into the radical Feminism where some angry women are going to Women's rally's which more seems like a Trump bashing rally honestly. It also diminishes ALL the previous great strong female lead characters when they're pumping this up as a big change in a movement. It reminded me of Lebron saying winning the title in Cleveland was the moment he became the greatest of all time. I like Lebron but singing your own praises is not a good trait, especially when you're putting yourself above a long list of past great players/performers. Michael Jordan, who is considered the greatest, and he never says he is because he doesn't have to.

And men and women have been watching and praising women kick ass for a long time in cinema, not sure how this movie would change anything in that regard.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #619
nearmint
Phoenix

It was a very smart move to make this a buddy movie with Nick Fury. Most of the humor comes from him.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #620
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Well, here we go again. The usual four or five agenda trolls infiltrate a thread that has, up to the point they got revved up, been a civil discourse about the movie or trailers themselves. They opine about this subversion or that and then stir the pot and play the victims of free speech denial, knowing full well that politics are taboo here. Folks who finally get fed up and have taken exception to their "because I feel this way and you don't, ergo, you are wrong" insults and dismissive rants finally retaliate and things spiral downward and the actual "movie" opinions get lost in the sauce. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Then the mods show up belatedly and either excise offensive posts or shut down the thread entirely and maybe mete out some supposed punishment or mild rebukes.
My question is.... where are those responsible for monitoring the threads when the initial violators start their shenanigans? Why aren't they being halted in their tracks for clear-cut violations? I'm not advocating undue censorship, but, c'mon this behavior is almost boilerplate at this juncture. I've kept this generic, but the repeat offenders are obvious. I'd be happy to name names if you'd like.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote