Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #631
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Or just ignore all that noise and enjoy the movie.
Wish I could.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #632
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
"In the Ultimate Universe" not an origin, which is what I was referencing. But your only proving my point, Marvel massaged their comics with the bending before the films, sooooo...
Never said Carol Danvers was anything other, however, Mar-Vell was a man... in the comic.

Whining and complaining, lmao, ok. The only comment I made about a stray from the comics was about gender bending Mar-Vell to prove a point. The other change I know of is how Fury lost his eye, but I didn't mention that.
My disinterest for the movie comes from its marketing and attitude behind the scenes. How about you go do the research regarding the backlash of this film starting with Larson's virtue signaling and borderline (if not actually) racist/sexists remarks, the gofundme, RT, access media, Marvel/Disney execs, etc and then message me. Either youll see where Im coming from, stay neutral or youll agree with the waman...

Either way, makes no difference to me.

Be it as it may, the talk of "politics" in a deliberately politicized movie has triggered some here, and I dont want to upset them further, so with that I say farewell.
LOL, there are only a few here I see complaining about the movies.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #633
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Wish I could.
Triggered!!!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #634
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
LOL, there are only a few here I see complaining about the movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Triggered!!!

Youre so bright. It was about people triggered by the talk of politics , NOT, about the # of ppl complaining about the movies. But Im glad that's the only thing you thought you could rebuttal.

If youre gonna try and throw a punch, make sure your aim is true.

I said farewell to put this to bed, Ill say it again... buh bye.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #635
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Youre so bright. It was about people triggered by the talk of politics , NOT, about the # of ppl complaining about the movies. But Im glad that's the only thing you thought you could rebuttal.

So you admit you were triggered by what you perceived as politics. Thanks for admitting that.

As a side note, if having politics is something you don’t like in your comics go ahead and get rid of all the Marvle comics you own. Stan was putting politics in comics since the beginning.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #636
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

It was the only thing WORTH replying too, the rest was mindless drivel...
Old 03-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #637
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Well after just seeing the movie i have to say that all i saw was a super hero movie with a woman as the main hero. It did not feel like they were trying to say or force anything except tell an origin story. So out of curiosity have you seen the movie?
Marvel doesn't really push any agendas in their movies, which is why they're so popular with everyone.......

All the fuss and BS started when the actress Brie started trash talking and becoming all PC and pointing out that there are way to many 40 year old white males... even tho they probably make up 80% of the base

Notice Brie never says anything about to many white women taking all the roles in Hollywood... of course she's not going to bring that up because that would hurt her in the checkbook. SJW are usually hypocrites...

I have no desire to see this in the theaters but I will see it on Blu-Ray

I found this article pretty funny, they rate all the Marvel Characters of importance, Top 40 characters or so, they had Iron Man Rated around #20, Brie was #4 (even though at the time of this article the movie hadn't come out yet) and #1 was all the women of Black Panther, that's when I noticed the article was written by a girl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...5nX?li=BBnb7Kz
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 PM   #638
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have no desire to see this in the theaters but I will see it on Blu-Ray
The movie was awful. It was almost entirely exposition just for the sake of exposition so that audiences won't say "Huh, who's that?" when she appears in Avengers: Endgame and defeats Thanos. Watching it felt like reading Tolkien's Appendices.

I agree with the reviews that place this at the bottom of the MCU, right next to The Incredible Hulk.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #639
off
The X-Men

You know what's worse than Brie Larson, Captain Marvel, SJWs, Trump and his evangelical base all combined?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Almost there...

Ok, get ready...

The answer is...

THE LAST JEDI!

lolz
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:41 AM   #640
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

1- Jpuli: you said farewell, yet you didn't.
2- Everyone needs to let it go. If you don't like the movie, make your point by not going and spending your money. Marvel doesn't owe you anything. It's their property, they do what they want.
3- I'm going to start banning people from this section. If you can't give your opinion and move on, then don't. Restating the same thing twice probably won't change anyone's mind.
4-It's a movie, let it go.
5- I haven't seen it so please don't make me read all the posts, close the thread and only allow two people to post here.
6- It's a movie, let it go.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote