Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-14-2021, 09:50 AM   #251
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
The law of averages is on your side mate, hoping it all turns out fabulous. On a good note, even the rough snaps taken from recent collectors in asia who have received this...quality looks superlative. It literally looks like real metal alloy and is super smooth on the surface. I dig the pose, has a neat cool looking base with crushed drone and a cpu chip debris which is a nice touch. No guns which I prefer, can see the full endo in it's glory. If I had the space and misses approval, I would buy this though being in Australia I think it wasn't released here. This is going to be virtually impossible to buy in the second hand market, given the tiny ES, the competition would be enormous if one were to be listed.
thanks mate for your words of wisdom. this one is a mare to import to the UK but i dont think many will come to these shores. It was ordered through chronicle originally and we all know my order would have gone like the rest down the pan with money owed if i had paid them directly but luckily this time i went not with cc direct but a uk distributor ordered it through them so ill either get mine or my money back. they are confident cinemaquette will deliver where CC failed miserably. time i think to kick the model collecting habit its costing me too much and too many bad things happening one loses all trust and faith in this hobby but to be fair by a miracle my t-rex 1/5th actually arrived to the uk. a miracle lol.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #252
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
thanks mate for your words of wisdom. this one is a mare to import to the UK but i dont think many will come to these shores. It was ordered through chronicle originally and we all know my order would have gone like the rest down the pan with money owed if i had paid them directly but luckily this time i went not with cc direct but a uk distributor ordered it through them so ill either get mine or my money back. they are confident cinemaquette will deliver where CC failed miserably. time i think to kick the model collecting habit its costing me too much and too many bad things happening one loses all trust and faith in this hobby but to be fair by a miracle my t-rex 1/5th actually arrived to the uk. a miracle lol.

Oh nice, that t-rex is a huge piece! So it'll arrive to your home in the next few weeks? May I ask how much did it end up costing with shipping and taxes?

Both the endo and t-rex, pretty rare and grail pieces, if you do call it a day, pretty good to exit right at the top with the best prizes, nothing's going to top the wow factor from these two pieces!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:45 AM   #253
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
thanks mate, yes its terrible. If this shames sideshow and prevents others from having the same hassles as me then it serves a purpose. i have no where to go with this model sadly, took me ages to pay for it and its no small change and wanted one for years. I really feel let down by Sideshow and will never buy anything from them again but just hope Cinemaquette is far better in quality and lasts otherwise ill be jinxed i reckon with terrible luck.
Sideshow unfortunately has no shame so it will do nothing, all they care about is the bottom line, not the customer. Similar to when people posted about them leaning a while back, AFAIK none of them got anything replaced either. Your issue will actually be a harder fix too...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:51 AM   #254
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I have to say CC came through for me, I was wooried there for a while, but I got conformation mine is on the way so all is good. I don't know about anyone else who had this ordered through them, but I was told there was at least 1 other Endo for a CC direct customer when I talked to Cinemaquette. That was probably the other V1 holdover person who was with me waiting the 5+ years to finally get this "upgraded" one. I would expect there were more, but those customers might have gotten screwed as they were probably not full paid like mine was at the time of bankruptcy.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:45 AM   #255
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have to say CC came through for me, I was wooried there for a while, but I got conformation mine is on the way so all is good. I don't know about anyone else who had this ordered through them, but I was told there was at least 1 other Endo for a CC direct customer when I talked to Cinemaquette. That was probably the other V1 holdover person who was with me waiting the 5+ years to finally get this "upgraded" one. I would expect there were more, but those customers might have gotten screwed as they were probably not full paid like mine was at the time of bankruptcy.
That's great news, hope it arrives soon!

Genisys V1, was that the painted version? The one on the stand? I heard that one has full articulation, which if true is pretty cool, but was made of much lighter materials and the detailing simpler.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #256
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I was one of the few that received the first one Chronicle did, and I think it turned out amazing. I think there may have only been around 40 made (maybe less), and a lot of them were used for promotions instead of being made available for customers. It has some articulation, but I leave it in a museum pose most of the time. I don't want to put too much extended pressure on the joints. The paint on it is perfect to me, but I'm one of those Terminator fans that doesn't like the endoskeleton chromed.

I almost bought the new one too, but I couldn't rationalize spending $10k on it when I already had one that cost $3000 less. If I hadn't received the first one, I'd have jumped on this one though--even with the higher price.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #257
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Oh nice, that t-rex is a huge piece! So it'll arrive to your home in the next few weeks? May I ask how much did it end up costing with shipping and taxes?

Both the endo and t-rex, pretty rare and grail pieces, if you do call it a day, pretty good to exit right at the top with the best prizes, nothing's going to top the wow factor from these two pieces!
Yes i agree indeed they are indeed two grails and take up quite a lot of room. The T-Rex was around £4500 in total to arrive to the UK with taxes.

The CC terminator sadly is another matter at around £13000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is part paid but ill have a mortgage to pay the rest off assuming it ever arrives. Ordered through my distributor via CC but looks like cinemaguette will save the day and come through on the order. My distributor seems confident it will arrive possibly as late as this month. So waiting to see now. Thanks buddy.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #258
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sideshow unfortunately has no shame so it will do nothing, all they care about is the bottom line, not the customer. Similar to when people posted about them leaning a while back, AFAIK none of them got anything replaced either. Your issue will actually be a harder fix too...
Yes mate sadly i have to agree with you and i am not naive enough to think sideshow give a ---- about their customer base.

Only when the customer base goes away will they likely pay attention. Well for me ill never buy sideshow again so thats one customer lol.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:33 PM   #259
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I was one of the few that received the first one Chronicle did, and I think it turned out amazing. I think there may have only been around 40 made (maybe less), and a lot of them were used for promotions instead of being made available for customers. It has some articulation, but I leave it in a museum pose most of the time. I don't want to put too much extended pressure on the joints. The paint on it is perfect to me, but I'm one of those Terminator fans that doesn't like the endoskeleton chromed.

I almost bought the new one too, but I couldn't rationalize spending $10k on it when I already had one that cost $3000 less. If I hadn't received the first one, I'd have jumped on this one though--even with the higher price.

Ah ok, thanks for the background info. No wonder there so hard to find and not many pics or videos of the piece. 7k is a pretty good price for a life size endo as there are more parts with the Genisys design. That's a really low ES number too which is always a good thing.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:42 PM   #260
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Yes i agree indeed they are indeed two grails and take up quite a lot of room. The T-Rex was around £4500 in total to arrive to the UK with taxes.

The CC terminator sadly is another matter at around £13000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is part paid but ill have a mortgage to pay the rest off assuming it ever arrives. Ordered through my distributor via CC but looks like cinemaguette will save the day and come through on the order. My distributor seems confident it will arrive possibly as late as this month. So waiting to see now. Thanks buddy.
That's an ok price for the t-rex, with that size I thought it'd be at least $6000 pounds.

13k is a big sum but this beauty is for life and will inspire you to earn all that money back esp help you pull through when having a bad day in the office! Cars and boats depreciate that amount in 5 years but your endo will continue on doing it's job, and it'll always be back when your home. That feeling is the best.