Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #471
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I already made sure Ant would send me the paint master instead. That way I can send Joppula a video of me using it as a giant paperweight.
Grrrrrr

Lol, you…. You Neptune Man lover you!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #472
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Is poison up for sale yet separate??
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:11 PM   #473
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Is poison up for sale yet separate??
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #474
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The OP in this thread says “who’d be interested in Hugo, probably like 1K”

And a whoooooole bunch of ppl were like “I’m in”, “oh yeah”, “any scale I’m in”, etc etc etc…

Time to dust off the wallets and PONY UP SOME CASH!!!

Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #475
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

The more I look at the price the more the entire piece looks unattractive to me. Well I wasn't interested much to begin with
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:53 PM   #476
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
The more I look at the price the more the entire piece looks unattractive to me. Well I wasn't interested much to begin with
Please someone email this to Ant at PCS.

I love this comment. It is just so honest in it's sincerity.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:42 PM   #477
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Riiiigght...

Very first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
Who would be interested in Hugo from Street fighter in quarter scale? Over 2 feet tall. Probably around $1k or so.
Then:
Quote:
I would be definetely interested. Hope he stays around 2 feet. Usually not a fan when something stands out in size.
Price ends up less than 1k, at $950...
Quote:
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:33 AM   #478
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Riiiigght...

Very first post:

Then:

Ya, don't get me wrong I love that Ant actually makes a Hugo statue, but for some reason the price doesn't match the final product. I mean I don't feel uncomfortable looking at the price of the duo Set, because Poison looks so damn premium. Everytime I look at the price of the single statue of Hugo (which is 1200€ wtf) I think it's pretty steep for how simplistic he turned out. Missed opportunity to make him hollow with a simple pose like that.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:24 AM   #479
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

People probably were hoping Hugo would look more impressive. It looks like a statue made ten years ago
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:32 AM   #480
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Riiiigght...
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Very first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
Who would be interested in Hugo from Street fighter in quarter scale? Over 2 feet tall. Probably around $1k or so.

Then:
Quote:
I would be definetely interested. Hope he stays around 2 feet. Usually not a fan when something stands out in size.

Quote:
I stand by my comment in that his comment to which I was referring is the honest one not his initial ones.

Quote:
Ya, don't get me wrong I love that Ant actually makes a Hugo statue, but for some reason the price doesn't match the final product. I mean I don't feel uncomfortable looking at the price of the duo Set, because Poison looks so damn premium. Everytime I look at the price of the single statue of Hugo (which is 1200€ wtf) I think it's pretty steep for how simplistic he turned out. Missed opportunity to make him hollow with a simple pose like that.
I mean PCS has, since the beginning, shown the sculpt that Hugo was to be based on.
And what is the obsession with hollow or solid? Nearly every large statue has some degree of a cavity. Please guys learn a little about the materials the stuff you are buying is made of. There are a myraid of resins that could be used superior both in detail and durability. a $1,500 statue set manufactured from THE cheapest bottom of the barrel option. Polystone is brittle AF. It has an increased risk of fracture if it were solid...

Quote:
Make it happen PCS!

Yeah man they made it happen. Maybe if he gets cancelled they'll can Menat along with Hugo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Well guys, it isn’t going to happen unless you all join the FB group and vote to get it made.

Ant told me it’d take 150 of us to make it a reality.

So far we have like 35 yes.

And like 88 No.

So we Hugo enthusiasts are screwed.
Wonder if they even have 25 orders yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
People probably were hoping Hugo would look more impressive. It looks like a statue made ten years ago
Look this whole experience is a great lesson in statue collecting. There are 2 main ways to collect. highly regarded personal or hobbyists favorites or by category be it by line,, license, scale, manufacturer etc.
Street Fighter has a very splintered collector base at this point. The passion it takes to become good at the game carries over to people willing to part with cash to get statues.

However past the consensus of the most requested characters things get dicey fast. If it were still the days of 4-6 SF 1/4 POs a year for $3-$400 with a clear mandate by fans and a commitment from producers then even if it looks like it was made 10 years ago if he was at a 10 years ago price, a Hugo statue could be a solid performer. As it is he has to largely compete in isolation based on his own merits. People talk, only sales walk.

This kind of interaction between fan and business, while a desirable fantasy just does not make a sustainable reality. We have learned this lesson over and over especially in this section of the forum.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote