Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-01-2022, 10:28 PM   #1
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Iron Studios - Marvel Wolverine Unleashed 1/10 Statue

Revealed at ccxp. Not my picture.

And while I love the Cyclops concept art shown, this isn't doing it for me. Wolvie's upper torso is WAY too big compared to his lower body.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:25 AM   #2
Infinite GLORY

I'm going to bump this since I forgot I even posted this lol and there was a question in the Cyclops Unleashed thread if Wolverine would be done.

I still don't love the upper torso here so hopefully IS changes this.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:24 AM   #3
Kaneda_2441
Frackin!

Thanks! Nice to see that Wolverine is next in the X-Men Unleashed line. Hope we will see a prototype soon. I saw your comment in the Cyclops thread and agree that it's probably not the intention to do a full group like JL in the Unleashed line. But I hope it's successful enough to get some more after Wolverine. Maybe also some villains, would be really cool..
Kaneda_2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:27 PM   #4
Infinite GLORY

Not sure what happened here. Original concept was clearly the yellow and blue suit. And they went rogue and went with a version of the brown suit. Pose isn't bad, and face looks good, but still, yuck on the costume imo.

Has an unmasked switchout portrait.

Old 08-25-2023, 03:32 PM   #5
Mister H
Gen 13

Not a fan.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 04:15 PM   #6
slow17motion
The Spirit

I already preordered Cyclops and wanted Wolverine Unleashed to compliment him in my setup (as I have a Cyclops and Wolverine setup where the two sort of mirror each other). I am disappointed. I would've bought this statue if it were even slightly appealing. This? This is just awful, from head to toe.

First of all, I needed the yellow and black costume for my setup. But I would've bought a brown if it even looked somewhat decent. The tiger stripe yellow would match with the more modern Cyclops blue and yellow, but whatever. I'm over it.

Let's talk about the costume we're getting. It's awful. The belt looks terrible, with a silver buckle and an X that looks drawn on by sharpie. Then there's strange modern additions, like the style of the boots, which clash with the needless sword on the back and the style of the base. And, I know that it's a comic book thing and that he wielded a few swords in his day, including the one he used to "kill" Sabretooth (until was resurrected). But, c'mon. It's Wolverine. His most noticeable attribute is his adamantium claws. A sword is redundant and clashes with all the modern touches.

The portraits are heinous. The unmasked portrait is utterly atrocious. The unmasked looks like the old Evolution cartoon. But worse.

And he must NEVER skip leg day. How big are his damn thighs? Guy is THICC.

This is the biggest miss for me in the entire X-Men 1:10 scale line from Iron Studios. No idea what they're thinking. On the plus side, saves me money.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 04:19 PM   #7
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Sheesh. I was hopeful given how Cyclops turned out but this Wolverine looks out of place.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #8
Infinite GLORY

Uh oh. No love so far lol.

I actually think the unmasked portrait looks alot like a comic book run I can’t put my finger on where he was drawn this way. I’m not totally against the portraits. And the sword makes sense if they are going the brown suit route. Thats just it tho. Don’t go the brown suit route lol. A modern take on the blue/yellow would have been cooler. Heck if this WAS blue/yellow and they threw on some shoulder pads, plus ditch the sword, I think it would be good.

Also though, the belt buckle. Yikes. Drawn by pencil.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:51 PM   #9
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Not feeling it. I wouldn't mind a brown suit wolverine since I have the yellow one from the previous series, but this ain't it.
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:40 PM   #10
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

After the disappointing Wonder Woman, I decided to get out of this line. Definitely not having any regrets over that decision after seeing these pictures of Wolverine. Another dud, in my opinion.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote