Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #51
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I just had a thought.

I’m not getting their 1/4 scale Vision as I wasn’t happy with what they showed of him, but then I am getting Queen’s life size bust of Vision.

Which should display nicely with this Wanda and given that Queen is unlikely to make a life size bust of Wanda, then it seems this is the way to go.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:03 PM   #52
pdenham
Teen Titans

I've been taking it for granted lately that I'll need to cancel my PO for that Vision bust.

Then I look at it again and I quickly realize why I ordered it in the first place. The box will be huge. Storing and displaying it will be a b%tch, but man-o-man does thing look wicked as hell.

Being as there's no silicone or punched hair, these things may actually show up closer to their original estimate of late winter/early spring.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:39 PM   #53
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I've been taking it for granted lately that I'll need to cancel my PO for that Vision bust.

Then I look at it again and I quickly realize why I ordered it in the first place. The box will be huge. Storing and displaying it will be a b%tch, but man-o-man does thing look wicked as hell.

Being as there's no silicone or punched hair, these things may actually show up closer to their original estimate of late winter/early spring.
I don’t think it’ll be that big of a box/s. At least as far as Queen Studio boxes usually go for. It’ll probably be around the same size as their Black Panther. Which came in only one box, and I can’t be certain but it seemed to be a smaller box then any of the boxes I’ve received for larger scale items from Queen for Hulk, Thanos, Mark 50 and Aquaman.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #54
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just had a thought.

I’m not getting their 1/4 scale Vision as I wasn’t happy with what they showed of him, but then I am getting Queen’s life size bust of Vision.

Which should display nicely with this Wanda and given that Queen is unlikely to make a life size bust of Wanda, then it seems this is the way to go.
This is what I'm doing. The life size Vision bust and a 1/4 Wanda - the question is "Is the 1/4 Wanda this Iron Studios piece or the upcoming 1/4 Queen piece (which we have yet to see)?" I like the look of this one but I want to see the Queen version first before deciding.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:55 AM   #55
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:10 AM   #56
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I like everything except her hair which looks like a big chunk of polystone
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #57
AC_808
Hercules

Damn. Wanda even looks way better in that video. Very compelling.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:13 AM   #58
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I think they both look great in that video. Wasn't sold on Vision originally but he is growing on me. Only thing I don't like is his base and how he's keyed into like a railing banister. I feel they could have done something else to still give the effect they were after.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:24 PM   #59
nearmint
Phoenix

At a grand plus per piece, they have to be perfect. Vision doesn't measure up, in my opinion.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #60
pdenham
Teen Titans

I think Vision can enjoy a little latitude in the likeness department, because there is a whole lot of design work obscuring it.

The biggest problem I see with it is the face shape, which on the statue is more oval, where Bettany is longer and more narrow.

That's why this IS Viz looks 90% fine to me from the sides, 70-80% in 3/4 , then comes up far shorter in full face/head on view.
Oddly,in the still frame for the vid Shoo posted, that full face shot shows a decent likeness to me. In the actual vid, not so much.

At $1K+ these do have to be perfect, and I'm not seeing perfection with the Wanda either.

The expression is blank, Hot Toys zombie-like, and the hair frames the head (on the crown especially) awkwardly, and drags the overall likeness down for me.

For one thing, every image I've seen of her in costume, the hair falls in front, not swept back behind the shoulders.

Here's how the hair masses reduce to basic shapes (the Hot Toys uses a triangular composition also).
You change the circle to a square on the live action shot and it's still closer than using a triangle.

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote