Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #141
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Never happen, not anytime soon, Sideshow has the exclusive 1:4 Star Wars license for North America

From the rumors I've heard Lucasfilms is a pain in the butt to get approval on prototypes... So XM is deciding on whether or not to renew it..

Why don't XM just distribute via Sideshow like everybody else does. Sure Sideshow will want a cut, but the sales should jump up significantly in order to help cover this. There must be thousands of westerners eager to order a few XM items. I'd love their Maul personally.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #142
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

I am with you. The shipping always kills any deal for me.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #143
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Why don't XM just distribute via Sideshow like everybody else does. Sure Sideshow will want a cut, but the sales should jump up significantly in order to help cover this. There must be thousands of westerners eager to order a few XM items. I'd love their Maul personally.
Marvel's license (and Star Wars) to XM does not allow them to sell to regions like the USA. Wouldn't matter if they wanted to partner up with Sideshow. They can't sell to specific regions due to their license.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #144
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Marvel's license (and Star Wars) to XM does not allow them to sell to regions like the USA. Wouldn't matter if they wanted to partner up with Sideshow. They can't sell to specific regions due to their license.
SS has worked with people selling stuff o their site to go through their license in the past (like p1 and is)
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #145
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
SS has worked with people selling stuff o their site to go through their license in the past (like p1 and is)
That's because P1 and IS are using Sideshow's license to make their 1/4 licensed products. That's why when you go to Sideshow's website and try to look up P1's and IS's 1/4 Marvel/DC stuff, it's all listed under Sideshow. XM's license is its' own straight from Marvel or DC.

Also given Sideshow's history with XM, I would say the possibilities are extremely, extremely rare of Sideshow carrying XM stuff. Stranger stuff has happened though so there's always a chance.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #146
qz33
Rescue

So much hype and potential just to sputter out.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #147
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Long story short

XM's first statues offered near perfect paint applications and what you saw as their prototype quality wise is what you got in the production statue, Customers started to complain to SS why their products were not as high quality as XM and thus started the 100 year war of XM fans vs SS fans..

And there you go....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #148
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Long story short

XM's first statues offered near perfect paint applications and what you saw as their prototype quality wise is what you got in the production statue, Customers started to complain to SS why their products were not as high quality as XM and thus started the 100 year war of XM fans vs SS fans..

And there you go....

People will always compare companies in different regards. Prime 1 are probably the top dog for me currently (SSC distribute them including directly competing products such as Swamp thing) But ultimately money talks doesn't it? I'm guessing Sideshow will get a fairly decent cut just for distributing XM's stuff.. Who knows though, but it would be nice if I could log in to my Sideshow account one day and by XM's Maul.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #149
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That's because P1 and IS are using Sideshow's license to make their 1/4 licensed products. That's why when you go to Sideshow's website and try to look up P1's and IS's 1/4 Marvel/DC stuff, it's all listed under Sideshow. XM's license is its' own straight from Marvel or DC.

Also given Sideshow's history with XM, I would say the possibilities are extremely, extremely rare of Sideshow carrying XM stuff. Stranger stuff has happened though so there's always a chance.
That's only as it shows on their site, they had their own regional license before they started going through SS. For example Ren never sold through SS and was only available in IS' region.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #150
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Never happen, not anytime soon, Sideshow has the exclusive 1:4 Star Wars license for North America

From the rumors I've heard Lucasfilms is a pain in the butt to get approval on prototypes... So XM is deciding on whether or not to renew it..
You heard correctly. I already made a comment to XM that I wouldn't touch the Star Wars license with a 10 foot pole. It just is not worth the time and hassle and money to do. Until Lucas laxes a little and decrease approval times...I would stay far away.

Shame too. Because IMO...the 3 statues 4(upcoming Darth Maul) are the most impressive of each character I have seen. The Darth Vader is exempt from this list as I would stay clear of that.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote