Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-22-2022, 07:05 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

New Birds of Prey title ?

There is a rumor of a new Birds of Prey title that will come out. The thing that bothers me about it though is there won't be a Black Canary, Huntress and Oracle/Batgirl in it...

Well... That sucks Donkey Balls... :/ I have no interest to the title without them.

And still no Dixon and Simone Birds of Prey Omnibuses ?!?!?! what is this huh ? Is didio still pulling the strings there ? Especially under Gail Simone's pen Birds of Prey was mega popular, super selling title... idiot DC make an omnibus of at least Gail's run !
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:25 AM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

apparently in an issue of Batman Urban Legends. It will be Lady Shiva and Katana with Miracle Molly and Ghost (no idea who that is).

The article in Newsarama said they will be in a story in the Urban Legends title but I could see a mini series happening.

Other than Katana, no interest in any of the other characters so I could pass on this if it happens
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I like Lady Shiva, but no interest in katana and ghost ??? or miracle who ?

So pass. I only get omnibuses and some mini series as deluxes anymore anyway. I'm not in a hurry to read their garbage... After all these years reading Batman with his gigantic rogues galary... I wish he was written at the half the quality of Daredevil once... ---- DC...

If Bendis also writes medicore Batman, i'm gonna lose it... Bendis please, just do what you did with Daredevil. That's all i'm asking from you. Please, all i'm asking is one decent run. I'm sick and tired of good elseworlds and minis. I want a good Batman run on the main title at least just once...
Old 01-22-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Looking at the character they are in some ways counterparts to the other Birds of Prey line up-

Lady Shiva-Black Canary
Katana-The Huntress
Miracle Molly-Oracle
Ghost-?????

(Miracle Molly was introduced in James Tynion's run of Batman and she is an ok supporting character who is kind of techie person. Still have no idea who Ghost is but was probably introduced in some Batman book. I only read the Batman title and if she was introduced in there I do not remember her)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Looking at the character they are in some ways counterparts to the other Birds of Prey line up-

Lady Shiva-Black Canary
Katana-The Huntress
I love the story of the Huntress fighting Lady Shiva
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Lady Shiva is something else, man. She was in my radar even before she became my favorite DC female character Cassandra Cain/Batgirl's mother.

I will never forget Batgirl and her Mother, Lady Shiva's fight to death, martial arts duel until they both just lay on the ground unable move in the end...

But i will not follow the new Birds of Prey just because of Shiva. I liked Shiva in Birds of Prey before but especially remembering Cass/Batgirl fight now, suddenly... xD I'm not happy about how they redeemed Lady Shiva. I will always miss her as the sadistic mother. She should be the leviathan... not character assassinated Talia... I mean who takes Talia serious for ---- sake... Shiva as a villan, though.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #7
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Lady Shiva is something else, man. She was in my radar even before she became my favorite DC female character Cassandra Cain/Batgirl's mother.

I will never forget Batgirl and her Mother, Lady Shiva's fight to death, martial arts duel until they both just lay on the ground unable move in the end...
Yes, that's a great story too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
But i will not follow the new Birds of Prey just because of Shiva.
I read everything. If I don't like it I put it aside.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:21 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Yes, that's a great story too.

I read everything. If I don't like it I put it aside.
You read everything... :O DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, IDW... etc... ? I couldn't do that buddy, even with piracy, i would get confused reading the floppies of like what ? just 40 issues each month or something and DC just produce more than 150 titles each month or something with the floppies and eveything... You must be a genious. I wish i could read eveything but what if like 40 titles at total from different comicbook companies... My poor brain would definetly fail me... xD
Old 01-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #9
Asgard
Deadman

I watch very little TV and prefer to read.
I just finished Grimm Fairy Tales and am currently at TopCow Aphrodite.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:33 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I couldn't find the whole Batgirl vs Lady Shiva fight in the Cass Batgirl title back in the day but i found the last page ! (: And it's as amazing as i remember. (:

And i found an intimate Batgirl&Batman moment. Cass is an extraordinary Bad Ass. Those punches are nothing for Cass/Batgirl.She is used to though love for her own good. Her father The Assassin Cain would shoot Cass with a gun from non fatal points on her body on regular basis to teach her how to handle pain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batgirlshiva3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	146037   Click image for larger version

Name:	EYqzCaPXYAI-bRK.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	146038